Like Tree36Likes

How do I get media attention of being caught in death of my puppy

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_NT:
    As for good breeders in HK I am sure there are as I know of a Traditional Shar Pei breeder who does it for the love of bringing the traditional breed back not for $$$. Yet they will face the same problem of limited selection for mating partners but luckily they is willing to bring in cross-bred dogs with the correct features to widen the choice.
    Matt, exactly. The good breeders I know import their dogs to ensure a wider gene pool. People here are confusing bloodline pedigrees with breeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi3:
    Links to relevant studies please.
    Google it....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_NT:
    As for good breeders in HK I am sure there are as I know of a Traditional Shar Pei breeder who does it for the love of bringing the traditional breed back not for $$$. Yet they will face the same problem of limited selection for mating partners but luckily they is willing to bring in cross-bred dogs with the correct features to widen the choice.
    Cross-bred as opposed to pedigree?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanae:
    Cross-bred as opposed to pedigree?
    Yes the breeder uses some none pedigree dogs that have the correct features due to the fact that the Traditional Shar Pei has a limited gene pool here but there are a lot of mongrels that possess the features of the Traditional Shar Pei. Technically not a pure pedigree but then we have made dogs into a "Pedigree" based on what we prefer or required not what is best for the breed of dog.
    Tanae likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyaki:
    Call up next magazine, they do a consumer complaints article on every issue. They'll send someone over to photograph the shopkeeper, call on experts to reveal common practices in the industry and even quote some legal advice from an expert. The shop will be given a chance to comment,although a lot of the time their comment will be no comment. How good is your Chinese?
    Thanks for that - onto it

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    1st you must have a news worthy story.

A couple of pedigree dogs becoming ill does not sound very newsworthy. Statistically it seems likely that a dog owner somewhere with two pedigree dogs will have them both very ill at the same time.

Perhaps emotionally upsetting for the owners who have developed a caring loving relationship with the animals but it does not necessarily show anything other than plain ordinary bad luck. Also given the animals are so new it looks like sour grapes rather than true emotion (emotion sells stories not minor economic loss)

If you can dig around and uncover a few other similar cases from the same pet shop (seems unlikely given you have only so far received recommendations) then there could be a story.
    Yes as the breeder is the Show Champion for last 2 years in a row, and also a senior judge that travels across Asis under the HK Kennel Club, I have used that angle as to how a respected judge, award winning breeder, registered with HK Kennel Club and an ambasador for the process of the Club can act this way individually in his dealings

Thanks to all the bored housewives/husbands that are so busy in their lives that took the time to point out I am an idiot, promoting breeders and breeds and to those whom genuinely at least raised the topic and defended breeders and also breeding healthy breeds. If nothing else at least there was a conversation about some point, even if some where just the usual expectations from a request for help that turns into an opportunity to belittle another.

I think that around the world, and the Hong Kong Kennel Club along with the Hong Kong and china Dog Breeders Association being linked to global canine councils, are SUPPOSED to be there to ensure breed integrity, breed principles, breed health and also to regulate the breeding program. I know that alot of you say take a mungrel from adoption, but not everyone wants, or has to, take other discarded pets from uncommitted families in raising healthy dogs in the first place and also not desexing mungrels in the first place.

You say go study, interesting ignorant comment, if you phone the SPCA, Vets and others, in the event that you do not wish to adopt, then ensure the Breeder is registered and that the puppies are also registered. So I guess the next thread opening will be about SPCA for promoting responsible breeding and breeders in the area. Look forward to that, although the realistic responce will be about me being and idiot or ignorant, again. If everyone adopts a mungrel, is it to say we should then let breeds die out due to irrisponsible actions of others and an oversupply of unwanted mungrel ? That does not seem the best approach.

For the helpful comments, thanks. I have now got TV coverage coming up on Pearl, Apple, Next, Oriental News and numerous less important internet news avenues. So task complete.

But for those that want to keep on bitching, go for it.

shenwen likes this.

Wade

Those of us that called you an idiot are in fact successful career men and women as opposed to bored housewives and husbands.

And shock horror some of them are in fact dog owners.

Face it you messed up and are clueless hence you coming on here asking for advice.

I assume you didn't even think of taking the dogs for an independent health check before parting with your cash? Didn't think so.

Sheesh

bollocks jimbo. the fellow did his research but still got burnt. it happens. s/he then came on here for advice on possible next steps.

then of course the self righteous on geo leaped on the opportunity to increase their forum standing. or at least tried, as ring leader bryant ended up looking stupid. as usual. ("google it." the cyber equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "na na na, can't hear you.")

you know you have messed up when randy comes out of an argument looking like the sensible one. (no offence randers)

the negativity/holier than thou attitude on here is so predictable at times

Last edited by shenwen; 09-06-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Tanae, Wade1175 and Kiwi3 like this.

Clearly not enough research Shenwen

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast