Like Tree16Likes

reputable beagle breeder or pet shop in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Hey PI troll, why you yank my chain? I dont tangle with Doggie threads as they usually get closed and/or deleted off.

I think you meant BE - but alas, he has left the building while you were counting your millions
    HC sorry. Yes I got you confused with BE. I think we actually agree on the dog issue. So what happened to BE? Did he get banned? If not, I expect the usual nonsense from him trying to justify the breeding industry...

Post SPCA or other dog shelter dont have a beagle puppy

Thanks for the comments guys.

I am thinking of a beagle puppy. I am planning to have a kid in around 2 year time. so I want a beagle because of its reputation of being friendly to kids. I wish I can bring up a beagle when it is still puppy, so I will know its temperament and history well.

I have my previous two dogs from SPCA, they are both brilliant dogs. However, both my wife and myself want to keep a beagle instead of other breed, as our new family member.

Buying anything from local breeders or pet shops will only bring you (and the poor animal) pain.

Keep looking at the dog shelters and what you want will turn up eventually.

carang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby741741:

I am thinking of a beagle puppy. I am planning to have a kid in around 2 year time. so I want a beagle because of its reputation of being friendly to kids. I wish I can bring up a beagle when it is still puppy, so I will know its temperament and history well.

I have my previous two dogs from SPCA, they are both brilliant dogs. However, both my wife and myself want to keep a beagle instead of other breed, as our new family member.
    Sorry but this has very little to do with breed, and a lot to do with training and lifestyle. Why are you thinking about breed and not character?
    jimbo, carang and Fiona in HKG like this.

and beagles, while small-ish, are VERY VERY VERY VERY energetic dogs. PLEASE know how much exercise you will need to give the beagle before you get one.

i used to think that i wanted a beagle, too. but, after having some wonderful beagles stay with us (still think they are awesome dogs), i have changed my mind. they are working dogs and as such NEED a lot of stimulation and exercise, or they will go nuts.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby741741:

Bobby - trust me here. If you get mixed bread puppy from HKDR, and if you raise it as part of the family and show it love, it will be the best possible companion for your child and family you can ever imagin. You don't need a specific breed. Please do not support the breeding industry in HK, and instead give an abandoned child a chance.
    Kungfu chef likes this.

Any thoughts on a Shiba Inu as a pet?

Bobby - the puppy industry in HK is not regulated. It's a dog-breakfast if you excuse the pun. A HUGE number of the puppies they sell are sick and die within a few weeks of being adopted - we had a poster on here a few weeks back whose puppy had died and was both upset and trying to recoup his money (he didn't get much sympathy to be honest, on account of the fact that it's a very well known risk here).
    My understanding is that unlike many countries, the dog rescue sites (already listed) often have puppies as well as adult dogs. Just be patient or choose a mixed breed.

The dog I had as a child was a border collie mixed with something. He was a fabulous dog; very healthy because of his mixtures and a great character.

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    Any thoughts on a Shiba Inu as a pet?
    It would make a wonderful pet if you show it love and treat it as a member of your family, just as any "non-pure breed" would.