Like Tree25Likes

Heat on car owner after dog dies

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Or worse, some villagers keep dogs on their roof terraces, either loose or in metal cages.

It takes roughly 20 minutes for a dog to die a slow painful death in a hot car. How can she have not known or forgotten the dog was in there? Everyone needs to nip somewhere occasionally but surely no car is so precious you can't leave the windows slightly open? Not enough for someone to get their arm in but enough for air to get in. Parked in the shade! Penalties all over the world don't seem very high for animal cruelty. Fines and banned from pet ownership seem to be the general. Makes me mad.

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelW:
    Penalties all over the world don't seem very high for animal cruelty. Fines and banned from pet ownership seem to be the general. Makes me mad.
    Didn't some HK court send guy to prison for 6 months for beating a barking deer to death a year or so ago?

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?sid=18598228&art_id=64773&con_type =3&pp_cat=12
    Last edited by 100LL; 29-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Funny how people get all up in arms when it comes to dogs yet have no problems eating steak or chicken even though the conditions these animals are treated are often appalling.

Animals are animals, I agree that they should be well treated but let's face it, we're up the food chain and they are not. I certainly would never think of breaking a car window or jumping in a raging torrent to save an animal nor would I pay outrageous vet fees to keep one alive. My buddy brought his 11 year old dog to a vet who found a variety of ailments and wanted thousands of dollars to treat the little fellow. My friend's response was simple. It's an old dog not a person, if it's in pain, let's put it down if not let it live the way it's supposed to... Dog dentists, dog hotels, dog psychologists, dog spas

gunsnroses likes this.

Last edited by Creative83; 30-08-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Animals are animals, I agree that they should be well treated but let's face it, we're up the food chain and they are not. I certainly would never think of breaking a car window or jumping in a raging torrent to save an animal nor would I pay outrageous vet fees to keep one alive. My buddy brought his 11 year old dog to a vet who found a variety of ailments and wanted thousands of dollars to treat the little fellow. My friend's response was simple. It's an old dog not a person, if it's in pain, let's put it down if not let it live the way it's supposed to... Dog dentists, dog hotels, dog psychologists, dog spas
    My dog absorbs and makes me forget about all the stress and sadness and whatnot of my life the minute I'm greeted by him at the door - extremely therapeutic. He provides so much happiness, support, and unconditional love to my family and I, sometimes I question why I'm gifted with this furry meat of happiness.
    If there was a scenario where he needed help to live another day (even old and dying) I would give my all to make it happen.
    Cwbguy and MASTER-OF-HK like this.

[QUOTE=MonCheri;2113306] gifted with this furry meat of happiness.
    [QUOTE]
    If I had a Hong Kong Dollar for every time I heard that...

cookie09 and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MonCheri:
    If there was a scenario where he needed help to live another day (even old and dying) I would give my all to make it happen.
    That's probably what my neighbors had in mind, when they kept their creature alive for over 7 years in the one bedroom apartment next door. I've never seen the dog, but I could smell it and hear it. They told me it couldn't walk, too old. They told me for a very long time. Dog couldn't walk, living in a basket on the kitchen floor, barking all day long when they left it alone. Apparently it was half blind too.

How can you keep something like this alive? Luckily the poor bastard finally passed away. Animal cruelty right there.
    MovingIn07 and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    That's probably what my neighbors had in mind, when they kept their creature alive for over 7 years in the one bedroom apartment next door. I've never seen the dog, but I could smell it and hear it. They told me it couldn't walk, too old. They told me for a very long time. Dog couldn't walk, living in a basket on the kitchen floor, barking all day long when they left it alone. Apparently it was half blind too.

How can you keep something like this alive? Luckily the poor bastard finally passed away. Animal cruelty right there.
    Sounds very similar to the dog on the boat next to ours. Large dog - perhaps a rotweiler? - it was unable to walk or contain it's urine so they kept it on the deck outside and hosed it down regularly. (to keep it cool and clean). They had to carry it anywhere it needed to go (and it was HUGE). It didn't bark. It just looked f'ing miserable. Poor sod, I was SO glad when it finally died.

If there was an earthquake, and my family and I were trapped, I wouldn't hesitate to eat my dog.