Dog Groomer HK Island?

Closed Thread

Dog Groomer HK Island?

Any recommendations of a groomer located on HK Island, not Kowloon or NT side?

There are so many to choose, but I'm sure there are some places that are to be avoided.

Thanks

SPCA, Wan Chai. Very good job and price. $340 for a full wash, groom, nails etc.

So much better than many "boutiques" in Causeway Bay that charge up to $7/800 a dog.

Where on Hk Island do you live?

I live in Kennedy Town and take my both my dogs to Dogtown on Hau Wo street (near The Merton). Their English isn't perfect but they understand enough to know what you want done to your dog, plus, they're quite friendly.

They charge $200 per dog, and this is for everything - bath, nails, paw hair trimming, ears, anal gland expressing, undercoat removing - you get the idea. I'm not sure about hair cutting because my dogs never need their hair cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    SPCA, Wan Chai. Very good job and price. $340 for a full wash, groom, nails etc.

So much better than many "boutiques" in Causeway Bay that charge up to $7/800 a dog.
    How's the cleanliness there? And $340 is for what type of dog? What reasons are they much better than the other "boutiques"?

Groomers in Causeway Bay area charges $500+ for 8 lb Maltese. I have been checking out some places. Some even have Japanese groomers available, but not sure if it's worth the $200+ premium.
    Last edited by ahks; 04-12-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Child:
    Where on Hk Island do you live?

I live in Kennedy Town and take my both my dogs to Dogtown on Hau Wo street (near The Merton). Their English isn't perfect but they understand enough to know what you want done to your dog, plus, they're quite friendly.

They charge $200 per dog, and this is for everything - bath, nails, paw hair trimming, ears, anal gland expressing, undercoat removing - you get the idea. I'm not sure about hair cutting because my dogs never need their hair cut.
    I live around the Causeway Bay area. Kennedy Town might be a bit far. Any other suggestions?

Thumbs up Luxury Dog Groomer on HK Island - Salon De Hachi

I strong recommend Salon De Hachi located in Causeway Bay
    Although it's never cheap, but it is worth to give your lovely dog a good treat.
    For your reference :
    https://www.facebook.com/SalonDe8

Quote Originally Posted by blanche_moi:
    I strong recommend Salon De Hachi located in Causeway Bay
    Although it's never cheap, but it is worth to give your lovely dog a good treat.
    For your reference :
    https://www.facebook.com/SalonDe8
    How's the local groomer there compared to the Japanese groomer? Japanese have to +$200.
    Last edited by ahks; 04-12-2012 at 02:05 PM.