Wanted: Pug Puppy

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Wanted: Pug Puppy

Hi!
    Dog lovers, please advice.
    Where can I find a good pure breed Pug puppy?
    I heard that the ones from Pet shops are not healthy and come from Dog Farms.

I already have two wonderful "village dogs" which I got from local dog rescuers, but now I want a small size dog for my teenage daughter.

Regards, Anso

Agreed about pet shop puppies - they are often unhealthy and almost always come from breeding farms.

Contact the Hong Kong Kennel Club for possible details of a local breeder. Hong Kong Kennel Club

If you find a breeder (even if recommended through a kennel club) you should still visit the premises to make sure it is clean and the dogs look healthy.

Alternately, you can contact Hong Kong Dog Rescue, which frequently gets young (one year or less) purebred pugs which have been purchased and discarded. With a slightly older puppy you run a much decreased risk of getting a sick little dog.

Hong Kong Dog Rescue

Pugs

Lamma Animal Protection has a lovely pug. not a puppy, but that is an advantage in so many ways.
    Lamma Animal Protection

replyreply

There are very many dogs killed every year. The animasl rescue groups will have all sorts of little dogs. Take a look at Lamma Animal Protection

I agree. Why do you need a "pure breed"? Take your time to find one from the rescue groups. With the popularity of small dogs in Hong Kong, sadly there's bound to be lots abandoned.

Pugs in HongKong

There are a huge number of dogs (Purebred and mutts) available from SPCA on a regular basis due to them being abandoned.

Save your money (Pugs usually go for $5000 and much more) by visiting SPCA regularly and keeping an eye out for a nice pug.

We got our 1 year old Pug from SPCA in CausewayBay and are extremely happy with her.

HC

for rescue organisations you can try:
    SPCA
    HK Dog Rescue
    Lamma Animal Protection
    PALS (Protection of Animals Lantau South)
    Sai Kung Strays

Hi
    Thanks for all the answers. Hopefully I will find a Pug via the dog rescue organisations.

Why I want a "pure breed"???
    Well as I have two mongrel dogs already, this time I want to know (as far as possible) the final size (small ) and personality of the dog. But I do think the "Hong Kong Brand" of dog is the best breed in the world but they mostly come in medium to big sizes. So instead of choosing a Labrador or a Golden I think more people should consider the local Tong dog (village dog) Beautiful, smart and very loyal!

Regards, Anso

Barney!

Don't know why my last post wasn't posted.

Anyway, you can check out Barney ( a cute pug) here:
    http://www.lap.org.hk/homing/index.p...ist&clearoff=1

Best wishes introducing your new member into ur family!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast