Like Tree34Likes

Cat in 4 month quarantine

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'd like to know how the pet movers can manage that , seeing as incoming livestock from China mainland requires quarantine. 11-20 K seems very pricey to move your cat from Zhuhai to HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I'd like to know how the pet movers can manage that , seeing as incoming livestock from China mainland requires quarantine. 11-20 K seems very pricey to move your cat from Zhuhai to HK.
    I'll ask them the specifics when I next email them. I figured 11k was pretty reasonable for one of them as they pick him up from our apartment in zhuhai and deliver him to our Hk apartment by midnight the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    I'm fairly certain this would be an illegal smuggling operation.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I'm fairly certain this would be an illegal smuggling operation.
    Forty eight hours. Not necessarily any smuggling involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    Forty eight hours. Not necessarily any smuggling involved.
    Explain how please.

From this page : http://www.afcd.gov.hk/english/quara..._ipab_idc.html
    For dogs and cats imported from Mainland China, importers must obtain an Import Permit in advance. The animals are subject to a minimum 4-month quarantine upon arrival in Hong Kong. The applicant must submit the application in prescribed Forms...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike120:
    I'll ask them the specifics when I next email them. I figured 11k was pretty reasonable for one of them as they pick him up from our apartment in zhuhai and deliver him to our Hk apartment by midnight the same day.
    Most likely they will put your pet in a bag or animal carrier bag and cover it in the back of a Toyota Alphard or Nissan Elgrand (Dual plates) and then just drive across the border hoping their vehicle does not get stopped for spot check

Highly illegal off course.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Most likely they will put your pet in a bag or animal carrier bag and cover it in the back of a Toyota Alphard or Nissan Elgrand (Dual plates) and then just drive across the border hoping their vehicle does not get stopped for spot check

Or a golf bag.

Nonsense.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike120:
    That's very pricey for a short trip...and the reason is that you're paying for the 'risk' to the individual when the biggest risk is to your pet. If found, I doubt you would even get to say goodbye to him/her.
    Natfixit and carang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:

And more likely to damage the poor kitty's mental condition than using legal and conventional methods.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.