Desperately seeking VET in MidLevel central area

Closed Thread

Desperately seeking VET in MidLevel central area

I am new in HK and my wheaten terrier dog have been having problem with his skin (rashing itching etc), its not so much caused by fleas - we are desperately needing help. He looks miserable and I am afraid his rashes are getting infected.
    any advise, thank you

Hi,

Poor dog! There are quite a few vets in mid-levels, unfortunately I am pretty new to HK too so only know of a couple:

I use Veterinary Medical Centre, 28 Mosque Street - 2140 6581.

There is also a practice in Cosmo Pet (Robinson Road) I think.

Also you could use SPCA Wanchai or vet practices in Happy Valley.

Hope this helps.

Suggest the SPCA on the island there. Many of the Vets are australian.....go go go....poor dog must be suffering.

Cheers
    Shaun

My dog goes to the same one as Cara. We brought her to a few and think that the one in Midlevels is the best for the moment.

Veterinary Medical Centre, 28 Mosque Street - 2140 6581.

Thank you very much for everybody's helpful response.
    I shall keep these names in file for future use.
    This afternoon I panicked and called everybody I know - until someone mentioned the closest vet would be Wanchai Animal Clinic.
    Wanchai Animal Clinic | Information & Services for Hong Kong Expats

I immediately booked him for an appointment and got a 4:30 apt. My dog was treated by a doctor from South Africa who was extremely helpful - and treated my baby well. He was given an antibiotic shot (as he was already infected) and looking calmed and relaxed now. phew! . . . I can feel the same way too . . .

I just want to let you know once again, thank you so much for all your kind responses - I am very grateful and I am glad there is such a website like GeoExpat - its very helpful for someone new like me. Many many thanks

cheers

Thank you for all info - I will keep this info for future reference. You all have been very helpful, I appreciate your kind attention. I think this geoExpat site is wonderful - especially for new people like me.

Yesterday, after asking for advise and browsing the net and calling people - I ended up going to the Wanchai Animal Clinic and my dog was attended immediately.

Wanchai Animal Clinic | Information & Services for Hong Kong Expats

All doctors and people in the clinic were generally very pleasant. As for the fees, compared to other stories, this one was reasonable! I was very happy with the service - and most of all, my dog is a happy dog today, coz he had a very good night sleep last night.

Many thanks to all. Cheers

bizkit, you can also try Dr. David at Creature Comnforts Creature Comforts - Veterinary Housecall Practice . He is very convenient beacause he will come to your home (first appt at 8am). I've only used him one time because I am new to HK as well, but he was very good in my opinion.