is this dog food good?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quality Petshops

I have been looking for quality petshops in HKG and I can't find too many that offer holistic petfoods. I found a place called Petonelife and they carry an interesting petwash called Aquarius. It doesn't pollute the environment (it says on the bottle that they've been approved by the gov't for removing toxic bacteria) and it is 100% organic.

Why can't I find this in other pet shops? I live in New Territories and it is really inconvenient. Can anyone help?

just as an adendum - I searched a few holistic cat food brands - and they all had fish meal. fish meal is a cheap protein but oh so allergenic and number 1 on any list of things to avoid with cats or dogs with skin conditions due to allergies. High end brands such as Iams, Hills or Pedigree do not contain fish. So even if buying holistic - check the ingredients.

hey XI YAN,

FYI, Iams, Hill's and Pedigree are at the bottom of the quality brands. pedigree being the worst, then iams and hill's. if you want top quality brands, check out innova, wellness, blue buffal, etc. goodluck

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen a dog food brand called JamesWellBeloved here?

I liked it in UK, its all organic products.

aah well not yet living in a civilised place means I'm stuck with what's locally available.

where to find Innova?

Hi All,

My husband and I are arriving in HK with our two year old woof in two short weeks. He (the dog, not the husband) has been on Innova (Evo) since we've owned him. I can't see filling my suitcases with doggy kibble so I'm hoping that there is a place where I can purchase either Innova or a suitable substitute. I would be grateful for any recommendations you have; we'll be living in the mid-levels, if that's helpful. Thanks!

re innova

We were in the same situation and we found only one company that sells innova -- index. They also sell innova evo, canidae, solid gold, etc and will deliver to you. The prices are significantly more expensive than what we paid in the states, but what can you do? We still haven't found a place that sells nylabones or bully sticks, so if you find out anything, let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by mdood:
    We still haven't found a place that sells nylabones or bully sticks, so if you find out anything, let us know!
    Mega Pet (on the left hand side of Cannon St. street if you are facing toward the harbor) in Causeway Bay sells a bully sticks in a variety of sizes, imported from Texas (it took over a year for me to find bully sticks here and so far this is the only place I've seen em). Nylabones are available at the pet store in Stanley (next to the vet, forgot the name, but its the only vet in Stanley) and at a place called Econopet (not right on the street, but inside a small shopping center), also in Causeway Bay. Econopet and MegaPet are the only two pet shops on Cannon St. that don't sell puppies.
    Last edited by hello_there; 28-07-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks!

Many thanks to both of you for all of those details.

This thread is hilarious. Honestly! What do you think those huge shelves of dog food in the supermarket are there for? We fed our collie plain old canned dog food with a few dog biscuits now and then for years. He died aged 17 (real years); was active until very close to the end and I don't remember him ever going to the vet.