Any dog breeders in Hong Kong?

Any dog breeders in Hong Kong?

Hi,

After 2 years in Shanghai, we just moved to Hong Kong, actually, in Sai Kung to be precise.

My husband and I having grown up with dogs, we are looking into getting one in Hong Kong as we have a house near a forest with a garden! Ideally, we would like either a Boxer, or an American Bulldog.

Has anyone got an idea where I could find dog breeders here?? Or is it better to import a dog from somewhere else? Any tip, advice, address is more than welcome!!

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

For breeders in Hong Kong, contact the HK Kennel Club. Some US/UK/AU breeders will ship puppies to HK, but they can only be imported after they are 4 months old. Hong Kong Dog Rescue often gets in purebred puppies of various breeds between 3 and 12 months old. If you talk to them they can keep you in mind and let you know if a puppy like you are looking for becomes available. There are other rescue organizations also. There are also a number of pet shops in Mong Kok and Causeway Bay, but these puppies are often taken from their mothers too early, illegally imported from mainland puppy farms, and have health problems (parvo virus, kennel cough, etc...). If you must buy from a pet shop at least have a vet check up first... Some vets can also recommend breeders for some breeds.

Last edited by hello_there; 24-06-2008 at 06:02 PM.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks a lot for all these information! Very helpful.

interested in boxers?

Hi,
    I saw your post and know that you are interested in boxers. I am not a breeder but am looking for a nice home for my 4 year old boxer. I recently just gave birth to a baby and have a toddler as well. I now have absolutely no time to take care of my dog Toby and feels really bad that I pay absolutely no attention to him anymore.
    Please do let me know if you guys are interested and I can send you guys some pictures and tell you a bit more about Toby.
    thank you,
    Rita