Like Tree45Likes

Constant barking

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    tabletop
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I would say you're out of luck champ. 7am is fine. They shouldn't be expected to have to tiptoe around your 'insomnia'...
    I appreciate the troll. They can keep their dogs inside the apartment, there's no need to keep them on the balcony(where all the neighbors can hear their loud barking) and inconvenience others. If the owners wake up so early it's their business but as soon as they wake me up so early(when I don't want to be woken up) then it becomes my business as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    If I was you, I'd knock on their door, explain reasonably how their actions affect you.
    I've tried to talk to the owners a few times but they didn't open the door. They probably see that I'm a foreigner and don't want to deal with me. They opened the door to the manager and security guards though. From what the manager told me they are a HK couple in their 40s.

UPDATE: After multiple complaints about them the manager decided to write them a letter warning them not to let the dogs out on the balcony in the morning. There was no morning barking for 2 days already but they still let the dogs out on the balcony in the afternoon and they bark all day which I don't really mind, as long as they stay quiet in the morning it's all good. I just hope they can keep it up.
    Last edited by tabletop; 25-01-2014 at 11:16 PM.

tabletop
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    if sh!t doesnt happen, buy very large speakers and start blasting some opera music from 7pm - 11pm when they are trying to have dinner and wind down after a hard days work, that should get their attention.
    Well I rather not do that because the music would not just inconvenience these particular family but also all the neighbor families. And I don't want to cause other people unnecessary annoyance. I'm a pretty quiet person and I don't want to turn it into the full blown vendetta. I decided to put more pressure on the management to resolve it( since it's their job to do such things) and it seems to have worked for now.
    They bark non-stop? They stop at 12:00pm? The OP already stated he is an insomniac...maybe what annoys him wouldn't annoy anyone else...
    Well, let's see, it's 11:45 pm now and I can still hear occasional barks. 3-4 barks and a 5 minute pause then again 3-4 barks and so on... But yeah, they do stop eventually, like after midnight lol. At noon though they bark like mad.
    Last edited by tabletop; 25-01-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop:
    Well, let's see, it's 11:45 pm now and I can still hear occasional barks. 3-4 barks and a 5 minute pause then again 3-4 barks and so on... But yeah, they do stop eventually, like after midnight lol. At noon though they bark like mad.
    Sounds a bit like geoexpat....usually not too much barking at night but from 9am to 6pm....full on..
    wtbhotia, chris_yang22 and INXS like this.

I appreciate the troll.
    Meh. It was no troll. My dog also goes out at 7am although we have a garden. He does sometimes bark too and...that's his job! Lots of other dogs in the village bark as well and that's the norm. here...when in Rome!

They can keep their dogs inside the apartment, there's no need to keep them on the balcony(where all the neighbors can hear their loud barking) and inconvenience others.
    If it's resolved, I'm happy for you. That said, not sure how you'd know it bothers other neighbours! I reckon you'd find most people are out or up getting ready to go out at 7am.

If the owners wake up so early it's their business but as soon as they wake me up so early(when I don't want to be woken up) then it becomes my business as well.
    I disagree with you. 7am is not early mate...it's not.

I've tried to talk to the owners a few times but they didn't open the door. They probably see that I'm a foreigner and don't want to deal with me.
    Don't speak English maybe?

They opened the door to the manager and security guards though. From what the manager told me they are a HK couple in their 40s.

You mean, he said they are a HK couple in their 40s?

UPDATE: After multiple complaints about them the manager decided to write them a letter warning them not to let the dogs out on the balcony in the morning. There was no morning barking for 2 days already but they still let the dogs out on the balcony in the afternoon and they bark all day which I don't really mind, as long as they stay quiet in the morning it's all good. I just hope they can keep it up.
    Good luck. I hope the problem has been solved for you. That said, I suggest you get your insomnia started or find the airport...

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Ditto.....
    Sorry, I was not aware your post was intentionally funny
    iliketurtles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Sounds a bit like geoexpat....usually not too much barking at night but from 9am to 6pm....full on..
    Starts even earlier on weekends :-)
    INXS likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4