Like Tree10Likes

Hong Kong Vets

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Probably the vets are very good at Pet Central, but the assistants need to brush up on their 'customer service'

There was one in the Sai Kung branch whom I found very rude so they never got my business either.

If you can get Dr Patrick Chong at the SPCA, he's excellent and follows up on calls. He even credited the charge for one unused medication and didn't add on an extra appontment charge.

Lovely guy.

I would thoroughly recommend Creature Comforts. Dr David comes out to your house and treats your animals in the comfort of their own home. He is also very patient - we spent 40 minutes trying to catch my very nervous cat for a check-up after she arrived from quarantine in the UK. He spent a total of about 90 minutes with my two cats and was not rushed or annoyed about the length of time.

In fact, one of my cats (not the nervous one!) loves him so much she regularly deposits a couple of legfuls of fur on him before he leaves!

Dr David is fantastic, too... we've had quite a few dealings with him as well.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the quality of care my cat received from the vets in HK when compared to my vet in Canada... I find most vets in HK are treating the owner and not the patient. They'd rather do something that may be totally useless (ie. giving an antibiotic shot to the cat) so the owner would feel better, rather than put some effort into finding out what exactly is the problem (spleen problem).

However, eventually I found Peace Avenue Veterinary Clinic... and the vet I met there was very good.

Hi guys, does anyone know Dr Davids charge for a house call? Will he come out to the Sai Kung area? Thanks in advance

don't know his charges, but he does come out to us in sk country park... so, CWB shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bsh:
    Probably the vets are very good at Pet Central, but the assistants need to brush up on their 'customer service'

There was one in the Sai Kung branch whom I found very rude so they never got my business either.

If you can get Dr Patrick Chong at the SPCA, he's excellent and follows up on calls. He even credited the charge for one unused medication and didn't add on an extra appontment charge.

Lovely guy.

Pet central is really good. I used to go to mong kok, but I heard they moved.

Quote Originally Posted by hkbecky:
    To make matters worse, when I tried to ask a few more follow-up questions about my cat (who died within 2 days of being hospitalised), the impatient nurse answered me with annoyance saying, "your cat has passed anyway, does it really make a difference what your test results were?"
    may be not straight away, but I'd write to the clinic and let them know. From what others have posted, Pet Central sounds professional and have nice Drs. If one of their staff isn't up to par they'd certainly appreciate the feedback. It may be an isolated one-off incident, may be they're having a bad day, but what the nurse said was out of line.

The clinic needs to know so they can improve their services. The nurse needs to learn so she can have a long and successful career. Both will be better off in the long run. I would wait a few weeks though. so sorry for your loss

i phoned the sai kung clinic and spoken to dr mike regarding the op's experience. i'm sure he will be informing the relevant people about her complaints. (although, i found out yesterday that he is only involved with the sai kung branch and doesn't have anything to do with the mongkok branch)

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    i phoned the sai kung clinic and spoken to dr mike regarding the op's experience. i'm sure he will be informing the relevant people about her complaints. (although, i found out yesterday that he is only involved with the sai kung branch and doesn't have anything to do with the mongkok branch)
    nice of you to do that, did you mean "hkbecky" ? OP didn't mention pet central.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast