How much would it cost to neuter my cat?

Closed Thread

How much would it cost to neuter my cat?

I just adopted a 2 year old British shorthair a few days ago, how much would it cost to neuter him? Any vet recommendations would be great too, thanks

My cat was already neutered when I adopted him, but I asked the SPCA regarding neutering and spaying ( given all the strays in our village - the spca neuters and sprays strays for free, anyway.) and I was given the figures around $300 plus for a male, and about $400 for female. You will need to join the spca as a member, though. ( worth it, as I find the vets there very good, caring and costs are less than at a non SPCA clinic. Other vets worth mentioning are 9Lives cat only vet clinic and hospital on Aberdeen St, mid levels/ Central. They are more expensive but they come highly recommended. Also Animal Medical Clinic on Mosque Street, central. Creature Comforts at Shaukeiwan also comes highly recommended. All do house calls from about $500 -600. It is worth neutering your cat because apart from the calming effect and your cat will be less susceptible to marking furniture etc by spraying and aggressive behaviuor, The possibility of certain cancers will be greatly reduced from afflicting your cat.

BTW, I love British shorthairs. They have a lot of purrsonality, are very affectionate and can be very chatty. Invest in a good brush and de shedding comb as this breed sheds like crazy ( my cat has part BSH) .