Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jabalong

Cat swapping for frequent flyers

Closed Thread

Cat swapping for frequent flyers

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is any cat owners out there who want to take care of my cat when I am out of town? l'll return the favor when you go on holidays.

Preferably for those who are based in HK island.

Let me know. Thanks!

Is cat swapping really feasible? Does the visiting cat stay segregated in their room?

My experiences with moving a cat, and especially with introducing to other cats, have been stressful. I just can't really see doing that repeatedly for short durations. Interested to hear other experiences.

What we did instead was find a part-time helper who was interested in cat sitting. So though we didn't need a helper (or so we thought ), we first hired her to come in a few hours a week as a housecleaner to build a relationship, and so she'd become familiar with the cats and our place.

Then when we go away, we have her stay at our place for the duration of our trip - she does her own thing during the day (whether she wants to hang around our place or not), but comes in the evening to stay overnight.

It's worked really well and is far less stressful on our cats. And needless to say, we've since become hooked on having our flat cleaned for us every week. But overall it's just a nice relationship with peace of mind of always having someone to come stay here if we need to take off.

Last edited by jabalong; 31-07-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    yahblaise and mrsguntrip like this.