Like Tree24Likes

LOST DACHSHUND DOG HK ISLAND

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search for Walls is making the rounds on the interwebs - cute dog.

Walls has been found - From the Find Walls FB page

WOW – What a week!!

From receiving the call on the 1st August that Walls was missing the response we have had from friends, colleagues and strangers has been unbelievable! From the first responders on the Friday night, those passing out leaflets around Hong Kong, friends driving us, friends lending their car, people spreading the word, knocking on doors in the area, liking, sharing, passing on ideas it’s been truly amazing. There is a lot of shit happening in the world right now but the experience of everyone pulling together and willing to help us has been heart warming.

Kate and I always told each other it would only take one person to see one flyer for us to find Walls, and that’s what happened. On Wednesday night I received a call from a gentleman, Kan (26yrs old and father to a new born baby), who works in a restaurant in Wanchai and he had heard one of his co workers talking about a dog she had found in Sai Ying Pun on Friday – we’ll never know if she really found Walls, or took her. After a sleepless night Kan finally persuaded the woman to call us the following morning but she had no pictures to confirm it was Walls, the clock ticked slowly waiting for 7pm when she finished work in order for us to go to Chu Fi to meet her and Walls……Thankfully it was her!! We believe it was this womans intention to keep Walls and was it not for Kan making contact, and for him persuading her to return Walls we may never have found her.

Slightly confused and bloated, the vet signed Walls off as fit and well, she is now back home with no idea she has a Facebook group of 837 (and still rising) and potentially the most famous dog in Hong Kong!!

Please stay joined up on this group, it will go quiet for a while but there will be another family that needs our help in the future and “Find Walls” will become Find someone / something else!

Thank You….Kevin & Kate

iliketurtles, nike439 and kho like this.

This bugged me when it was first posted and it still does now.
    Original message was "....Presumed stolen..."
    Now the new message is "....we’ll never know if she really found Walls, or took her..."

I feel sorry for Kevin & Kate. Even after seeing an outpouring of support and help and a final good ending, they cant let go of their negativity and their belief that the world is evil.

I choose to and prefer to be far more positive.

Original Post Deleted
    Spoken like a lawyer -
    imparanoic likes this.

Kate - please be thankful, others that have lost dogs were not so lucky. Perhaps the woman, probably a non-English speaker, was hesitant to call an expat due to language. You said she gets off work and doesn't get home until 7PM and your dog was missing at 4ish, so unless it was her day off ... Blaming it a thief does not absolve you of responsibilty of you leaving your dog unattended in the first place.

iliketurtles, okey dokey and alph like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tabletop:
    Pretty sure walking the dog is many housemaids/helpers responsibility. People hire helpers because they are too busy to do such chores themselves.
    Yeah, who needs to be troubled with such things as walking their own dogs?