Like Tree16Likes

Looking to Adopt a Small Puppie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to Adopt a Small Puppie

Hi! I just moved to HK, with my newlywed wife. And we are looking to start a family by adopting a dog. We are huge dog lover's, and really hate the idea of buying since it is a horrible trade, and really inhumane speccially with the thousands pf dogs looking for a family. we left, (not abandoned) since they where our families not just ours, 3 chihuahuas, (2 of them adotped and the other was a given to the family by the mothers owener), and one beautiful huge french mastiff, she is truly amazing. But they are part of our family, and we couldn't sepparate them ffrom our parents. We are looking for a french bulldog, English bulldog or a pug, but of course we are open to any small puppy looking for a new home.I know it is not the ideal wheather for the bulldogs, but the flat is pretty well prepared, it has 4 minisplits and due to the other buildings it doesn't get hot. Its a pretty fresh apartment, and we have experience with that race. We want a puppy or as young as possible, in order to ensure them a great live and want them to be a part of our familie as long as possible, the adults or older dogs, I would be devadtaded in adopting a 8-10 year dog, knowing its only going to be with us a couple of years and not even get to know our future children. (Sorry if that is wrong). So can anybody help me, find me and my wife a new familu member? I really appriciatte anything. Ps. Already checked out several of the adoption centers.

Sandy Pants likes this.

Sorry for my grammar, I'm on my phone and didn't pay close attention.

I got lost in the huge wall of text, but feel free to contact the following organisations if you want to adopt a puppy:

LAPS - LAP Lifelong Animal Protection Charity and https://www.facebook.com/pages/LAP-L...y/153235638563

SPCA - SPCA Hong Kong - Adopt and Care for a Dog

SK Stray Friends - www.saikungstrayfriends.net

There are a bunch more but these are ones I've come into contact with.

HKDR have a puppy adoption day at whiskers and paws in ap lei chau every Sunday

Sandy Pants likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ummbongo:
    I think they are the ones every weekend in front of Starbucks, right?

Just avoid those dog breeders that sell in Mongkok to the dog-as-gift people.
    Sandy Pants likes this.

yep flameproof

LAP (Lifelong have an puppy/dog (they also have kittens and cats) adoption day this Sunday 14th December at McGauchos bar and Grill 59 Staunton Street Soho (Near Aberdeen Street) 2pm onwards .Even if you are not ready to adopt, come and talk to the volunteers about fostering animals. It's a great way to meet like minded people. Just come and enjoy a few drinks and ask questions.

Hi! Thanks everybody.

We adopted 2 dogs. The association was kirstens zoo, really good. We went through all of HK. And found them there. One is a male 12 years and 1 female 3 years. Both of them are peks.

Thanks again for your help.

Sandy Pants, jimbo and Elegiaque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fdomtzf:
    Hi! Thanks everybody.

We adopted 2 dogs. The association was kirstens zoo, really good. We went through all of HK. And found them there. One is a male 12 years and 1 female 3 years. Both of them are peks.

Thanks again for your help.
    Fantastic! And extra kudos for adopting a senior dog I hope they bring you much happiness and joy.
    Sandy Pants, fdomtzf and Elegiaque like this.

Fantastic.... thank you for understanding the whole concept of dog ownership and companionship. Old dogs offer so much and deserve to live their days out in a loving home. Feel free to bring them along to our adoption day. You will meet so many great people who will love to hear your story as you walk the streets in Hong kong.

fdomtzf, shri and jimbo like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast