Like Tree51Likes

Which are the best food brands for a dog and where to buy in HK?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

@shri I don't know the vet situation in Pok.but if you need one these guys are good and open 24 hours. I used Kylie for several years when I was in that area.

The ARK VETERINARY HOSPITAL

We use the vet in Aberdeen. Friendly and competent. Aberdeen Animal clinic if I recall.

@Natfixit have bought loads of toys for her from Taobao and fortunately that's kept her busy and away from other stuff in the flat. thx for offer to dog sit, will definitely take you up on that

Natfixit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    @Natfixit have bought loads of toys for her from Taobao and fortunately that's kept her busy and away from other stuff in the flat. thx for offer to dog sit, will definitely take you up on that
    Great! She can chase our cat. Too laid back and he needs to exercise. ;-)) plenty of toys is great because when a beagle becomes bored.........( all hell breaks loose. House insurance increases......)

More true beagle escapades... As a kid, my parents would drag me along to the plant nursery for plants et al for the garden. While we were lining up to pay, this car horn keep on beeping, this guy would run out then run back in to try to pay for his plants ets, then the horn would sound and he would run back out, muttering apologies....run back in. My mum asked if he was ok, and the exasperated man explained that he had two beagles in his car ( back then, window down, little crime, no one batted and eye) , both brothers and whenever he left them in the car, they learnt to beep the car horn. Naughty, but highly intelligent dogs.

We feed ours Dr-B's Raw beef. It is expensive but digestion problems and allergies disappeared! Before that I found Ivory Coat to be a good dry food.

I make my own food for my poodle and schnauzer. A good mixture of meat and vegetables and some supplements will provide all the nutrition a dog needs.

Meat: Beef, Chicken, some venison and some internal organs like liver and kidney
    Veggies: Carrot, pumpkin, potato
    Supplements: Glucosamin for joints

As for treats, I use air-dry a variety of meat. Let me know if you want more info

Skyhook and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    We've been buying our Hills from Ape pet and would have bought Origen as well until @Cwbguy said it was cheaper at WP.

Also have bought Frontline equivalent from Iherb for US$17.
    Having been out of stock for the last 6 weeks the Frontline equ from Iherb is available again.

I ordered 6 mnths worth, maybe worth stocking up.
    rani likes this.

Thanks for the bump.

After doing hours of research back in September when we got a dog, I too selected Orijen as the stand-out choice. We get the original, so am not too concerned about the article above. Interesting to keep track of though.

I do wonder if dogs get 'bored' of food, and whether we should try mixing it up with another highly rated brand (obviously not switching immediately, but introducing slowly).

Any thoughts from other dog owners here?

I moved to https://dogsday.dog/ food which is awesome. I tried a different fresh food provider but my dog wouldn't eat the food after a few days (she would eat the cat poo if given half a chance though FFS). This stuff is amazing, easy and not as expensive as I feared when I read about it!).

I have no affiliation with the company but do recommend it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast