Like Tree98Likes

Has anyone gotten into an argument with a neighbor/passers-by because of your dog?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CL630:
    I just wouldn’t expect people to be so arrogant, rude and uneducated about it.
    And how graceful were you as you started arguing with the couple?

I grew up in a house in Toronto. I wouldn't want to be in an elevator with a large dog either. Street, fine. Elevator, not my cup of tea. What dog lovers sometimes seem to fail to understand is that not everyone shares their love for dogs. The considerate thing, in my humble opinion, would be to put a muzzle on your dog in the elevator and in common areas of your building.
    Liked and 100LL like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    there are reports of child abuse, child molestation, grandfather killing their own grandkid, kidnapping and other horrible crimes against children and i would rather not take chances.
    So, I guess you don't have children?

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    But, why do you not tell your kid not to do whatever it is that the dog does not like?
    How do you know what the dog doesn't like? Dogs aren't rational. They may flip out for no reason (just as Jaykay wrote), and start eating a kid.

For example, what did the kid in the video below do? She was walking on the street with her mother, the dog run across the street and attacked her. That's what dogs do. You never know which dog would do this, so I would rather all have large dogs on a leash and with a muzzle.

Besides: chill, it's only an animal. Are you a vegetarian or an hypocrite?
    Last edited by Liked; 11-03-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    How do you know what the dog doesn't like? Dogs aren't rational. They may flip out for no reason (just as Jaykay wrote), and start eating a kid.

For example, what did the kid in the video below do? She was walking on the street with her mother, the dog run across the street and attacked her. That's what dogs do. You never know which dog would do this, so I would rather all have large dogs on a leash and with a muzzle.

Besides: chill, it's only an animal. Are you a vegetarian or an hypocrite?
    I am not saying that there is to the story more than you see in the video, but it might be that the kid did something to the dog earlier. My dog got bit by another dog some months ago, and after that whenever he sees that other dog he gets tense and if they get too close he will growl at the dog who bit him, hence maybe the kid did something to the dog earlier and now it was payback time. So, all I am saying is that we don't know the history behind the kid and the dog(if there is any).

Muzzling all dogs just because there are some bad apples is like gag balling all kids just because some of them cry/shout loud in public places.

So, I guess you don't have children?
    you can guess at anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by henkka:
    I am not saying that there is to the story more than you see in the video.
    Yes! That's what you said in the rest of your post!!!

Of course this was not an isolated incident. It happens sometimes: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=dog+mauls+kid, and I wouldn't take any chances.

In my opinion children come before animals, so I would muzzle all the large dogs (all those who can cause damage to a small child).

Yes! That's what you said in the rest of your post!!!
    Sorry if it came out that way, I didn't mean to say there is more to the story that you see in the video. What I was trying to say is that there might be more to the story than you see in the video.

In my opinion children come before animals, so I would muzzle all the large dogs (all those who can cause damage to a small child).
    There is no place in the world where this is the case - I guess you should not have children or just lock them up for safety. You never know what might happen if you dont....
    Dlcl likes this.

Could not help thinking of this:-

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    Could not help thinking of this:-
    The question is: which dogs are dangerous, and which not? How do I know if you have raised your dog right? The fact that thousands of kids are mauled in the world yearly tells me that some people don't raise their dogs right. So I would rather not take any chances.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast