Like Tree29Likes

Keeping hardwood floors scratch-free with dogs?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by booth:
    Problem with carpet is I still have a 6 month dog and they might get confused with its ok to go to toilet there.
    I guess the rest of the world living in carpeted homes with dogs must really struggle.

Well if carpet is the only solution I guess I'll consider it but just not my personal preference.

Just cut the dog's nails. If you start to hear a tap tap noise on the floor, then it means that the nails are getting too long.

We had polished wooden( cheap pine which marks however you walk over it) floors when we lived in midlevels. The cat would slide across because of his ever so fluffy paws. However, even when his nails were long and needed a cut, the floor didn't mark so much. We kept an ear for when this tap tap sound occurred ( as also with my first dog - beagle) so as to cut his nails.

Or, just invest in some rugs. IKEA will do.

Last edited by Natfixit; 07-05-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    Proplus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Just cut the dog's nails. If you start to hear a tap tap noise on the floor, then it means that the nails are getting too long.

We had polished wooden( cheap pine which marks however you walk over it) floors when we lived in midlevels. The cat would slide across because of his ever so fluffy paws. However, even when his nails were long and needed a cut, the floor didn't mark so much. We kept an ear for when this tap tap sound occurred ( as also with my first dog - beagle) so as to cut his nails.

Or, just invest in some rugs. IKEA will do.
    This. And also trim the fur between the toes and between the pads of the paws, this will help them not slip so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Cesar says doggies need boots in the summer...

Cesar's top summer tips | Cesar Millan
    Cesar makes a lot of money from selling pet products
    rani likes this.