Like Tree20Likes

Ragdoll Kittens

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ragdoll Kittens

Hey, does anyone know where to get a Ragdoll kitten that's in Hong Kong? Or maybe a reputable breeder from a country where it's easy to bring animals into HK?

Have you tried the SPCA and other rescue organisations? Please don't encourage the breeders here - there are no reputable ones.

Yes, if you're interested in having a companion and have the heart and a home to welcome a furry friend, please consider adopting from the shelters. Every animal that's given a loving home, makes more room at the shelters to give another living animal a chance at life.

Hong Kong doesn't have good laws regarding animal welfare, especially concerning breeding and pet shops (although some improvements are hopefully on the way!), so there's a poor situation out there for many animals in need. So instead of bringing in another into HK, please consider offering your home to one that already needs it.

And no, there's generally no reputable breeders in HK althoughcorrect me if I'm wrong.

Organizations with animals: SPCA, LAP, Kirstens zoo. If you need help with these organizations please just ask here!!

Why specifically a ragdoll breed. Yep, they look cute but can be cold and temperamental. I do NOT recommend any pet shop or breeder in HK. You can buy one from a breeder, if you so wish, over seas but still the poor kitty has to go through four months quarantine. End of.

Kirstens Zoo and PALS, and the SPCA have loads of kittens for adoption, just I have seen more and more " dumped" cats and kittens in my village and surrounding south lantau villages because people want something they perceive as cute and easy to manage, but couldn't be prepared to treat the poor cat as their child, or pay for medical bills, or take the kitty with them when they move. Please consider that because the vision of that hurts more than someone losing their job. OP, you are best to visit HK shelters because at least you know that you are adopting a healthy cat, pay only for the vaccination ( and a donation for good will, if you like) , and can discover what breed you are suited to. Also, there is a gorgeous tortoiseshell kitten up for adoptioon from Nine Lives Vet clinic on Aberdeen St, Central. I was there recently for the check up of my cat ( also an adopted treasure) , and this kitten is cute, female, active, loving and ready for a new home. Contact Nine Lives, Aberdeen St, Central.

You can't call yourself a cat lover if you're looking at breeders.

Adopt from the places shown above if you're a true car lover

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    You can't call yourself a cat lover if you're looking at breeders.

Adopt from the places shown above if you're a true car lover
    Cats and cars are quite different.....
    Editor and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Natfixit:
    Cats and cars are quite different.....
    Oops typo

Thank you guys ^^ but I really want a Ragdoll cat and if I can't find a good reputable breeder in a nearby country or hk, I'll adopt a cat from an adoption centre.

Enderman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Catoluver:
    Thank you guys ^^ but I really want a Ragdoll cat and if I can't find a good reputable breeder in a nearby country or hk, I'll adopt a cat from an adoption centre.
    Still, start looking in the shelters. They might have ragdolls as well, and every day they get new cats coming in. It'd be a long process to import and animal, so it's quite easy to just stop by the shelters like the Wan Chai SPCA and have a look at what cute animals they have. The shelters get some "pedigree" animals, too.

You can browse here: SPCA Hong Kong - Cat adoption.

Again, there are so many unwanted animals in Hong Kong that are suitable to be a loving pet. It's irresponsible to import an additional animal in HK and not give one a home who's already waiting a shelter. Not to mention, too, all the costs that you will waste. If you adopt from a shelter, you make that space available for them to help assist other animals. Again, the situation is pretty dire in Hong Kong because of poor laws and regulations!!!

Animals are not like a fashion, where you pick and choose the perfect shoes to go with a dress for a look you're going for... they're a living being and should not be particularly loved just because of how their coat looks. (Also, as Natfixit mentioned, ragdolls have a particularly ill temperament, so if you're in the market for a boyfriend or husband, you can forget about it with a ragdoll... )
    Editor, Fiona in HKG and Natfixit like this.

Friends of ours have a Ragdoll cat, which they got as a kitten from a professional breeder in NSW, Australia. Be aware though that a lot of breeders in Australia wont sell to folks in Asia, for various reasons.

The only reason our friend got their cat over here, is because the breeder didnt know that he lived in Hong Kong. So were able to purchase the kitten while they were having a 3 month reli trip, before they returned to HK for a new work contract.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast