Like Tree21Likes

Is my dog a goat?!?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is my dog a goat?!?

Getting worried that my frozen chapatties are going to go waste.

But seriously, she just wants to eat grass when we go for walks.

Bumble-bee and Spencer. like this.

Dogs typically eat grass when they have an upset stomach to induce vomiting.

Huja, that happens every now and then, but 9 times out of 10, no vomit.

is your google not working
    Why Dogs Eat Grass: Causes and Prevention

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    My dog ate my google

Dogs, like many candids (i.e. wolves, coyotes, dingoes) aren't strict meat-eaters in terms of their digestive systems. They can handle vegetables. If it is not a medical issue, then perhaps your dog just like the taste of grass? Some dogs are known to enjoy having some greenies mixed into their diet.

all 3 well used to be 3 huskies ate the grass in my garden, especially after a good rain then the grass would be really tasty, sometime they would vomit, sometimes they wouldnt.

shri and Enderman like this.

Dude, stop that dog immediately! At some point it will swallow rather than chew the grass, this will cause a long piece of grass to enter the dog and work its way throw the animal's digestive system becoming coated in feces. At some point this piece of grass will want to exit the animal, unfortunately the exit isn't as accommodating as the entry point was, invariably this will lead to the feces encrusted grass becoming stuck. The easiest solution to this dilemma is to reach down and pull the grass out with your hand. Fortunately it comes out quite easily, unfortunately your hand is now covered in feces.

So either, stop your dog from eating grass, or carry a plastic bag in your pocket, AT ALL TIMES!

And suddenly this discussion got weird.

Enderman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    And suddenly this discussion got weird.
    I hope the day you forget to take a plastic bag with you, put it over your hand like a glove, as you look round frantically for something to protect your hand, you remember this comment.

Honestly, several times a year one of my dogs will come up to me sheepishly with a piece of pooh suspended from her butt by a long bit of grass and the only thing you can do is pull it out for her. Well, the only humane thing, you could just stand and laugh but then you're just being a butt hole.
    shri, wtbhotia and Enderman like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast