Like Tree3Likes

Where do you walk your dog?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by iumschen:
    Totally understand and can't agree more. Basically, I think HK is definitely not a pet friendly city (not even a pregnant women welcomed one). I have took my dog for a walk around my living community for a couple times and encounter some terrible kids they were trying to scare my dog by screaming at him or posing some aggressive posture ( my is just a little Bicheno Fries). And It's also hard to find a place to stay if you carry a dog with you. Like Taikoo Shing , such a big complext living area, don't allow any pets.
    I work in Taikoo Shing and behind the Via Fiori, there is Quarry Bay Park which is huge, good space for all dogs, people to wander but signs are everywhere, No Dogs. People here do NOT understand what it means to have a pet. I live in a village in Lantau where dogs and cats, snakes, hamsters, you name it are dumped every year. It is appalling. To dump your pet because you get pregnant, then you shouldn't have a kid because if someone cannot handle raising a pet, then they cannot handle raising a child. If a child screams at my dog or cat ( yes, while in his carrier, he hates going to the vet in Central but he loves Dr Maggie at 9 Lives) , I tell them off and so far, the parent has been apologetic. I NEVER behaved like that, and neither do my little nephews because we were raised around dogs, cats, hamsters, cows, sheep, pigs, chooks since we were born. At least my dog and cat don't squat on the loo seat, leave a huge mess not to mention the diarrhoea squirt against the lid!
    papaya likes this.

Dog parks and 'dog parks'

I just adopted my Shih Tzu, Arya, two months ago and so far it's been pretty hard to find a place that we both like. G
    I live in wanchai so the places around are pretty dog friendly and it's really convenient if I want to visit surrounding dog parks. We started going to the dog park in wanchai quite often in the first month (Sung Hung Kai) and loved it because there were so many other dogs and they were really friendly. But then we realised how much our dog hated it haha. She would literally cower between our legs or just sit in a corner so we soon got bored of the place. Also, it's really really small.
    The worst one yet I'd say would be the so called 'dog parks' in Tamar which are literally two small enclosed circles. It was even uncomfortably small for us and that's coming from someone who lives in a teeny tiny HK appartment.
    Our favourite one so far has been the Sheung Wan dog park! It was great! Lots of interesting personalities, both dogs and owners and comfortably spacious. However, the male dogs somehow there were all somehow incredibly horny for my dog and we spent half the night fending off rapists (read: owner gets violently scratched by multiple horny dogs). Still, the park itself is great
    Nowadays, I walk her round wanchai, even though some places don't allow dogs. A lot of parks or open areas here are completely empty at night but say "no dogs allowed". I don't think they mind my dog because she couldn't harm an ant if she wanted to but either way, hk should definitely become more dog friendly. Never got caught and if I do I'd probably use my dog's adorable face to fend off haters.

Great to hear that, I will try some places you mention. But as what you mentioned, awkward situation everywhere in HK. Last weekend, I walked my dog from Braemar Hill, all the way down I saw lots of rubbish bin specific for dumpling dog's poo, but non of the arbor or park allowed dog to enter. It's very frustrating.

The other problem is that some of the pet keeper they don't educate their own pets, and allowed them to run around without a walking string. My dog is a male puppy and very tamed and sometimes we went out encountering very aggressive dogs but you don't see the pet owner doing anything to stop their dog. On the other hand, they seems enjoy "OBSERVING" what would happened next.