Like Tree3Likes

Where do you walk your dog?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Where do you walk your dog?

Where do you guys walk your dog? I had my dog with me last weekend at the Victoria Park and was stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by iumschen:
    Where do you guys walk your dog? I had my dog with me last weekend at the Victoria Park and was stopped.
    Was it the LCSD?

Don't really know. I am new here.

If you were stopped by a park official there is every likelihood you would have been given a $1,500 fine.

Did he look officious or casual dress like a member of the public?

I take my two in Vic Park quite often, but always after 8pm.

To the beach or the country park...

Yes, experience same along the harbour front from the Central ferries to Wan Chai, almost, sat for a while as my friend and her beagle were feeling tired and soon enough an LSCD ( hardly Leisure Services) official comes up and asks if we are going to the dog park. We said no, that we were waiting for the slow ferry back to Mui Wo and he left us along, but we had been chased out of Wan Chai Gap park and other areas...people going, ugh, dirty dogs ( are you kidding me! Ours don't spit nor squat n the loo seat! let alone bark! Quieter than these kids screaming and running up and down the ferry or MTR), kids saying, "arrghhh, bad dog! My dog only breathed...should have given the kid a good lick)I take mine along the beach or road or park area, catchwater where we live on South Lantau. Sadly, people in HK are not properly educated about animals to know that they are harmless and how to treat them. So far, the taxi drivers love my dog and my friend's dog as long as they on a leash and do not bark much.

iumschen and Elegiaque like this.

Totally understand and can't agree more. Basically, I think HK is definitely not a pet friendly city (not even a pregnant women welcomed one). I have took my dog for a walk around my living community for a couple times and encounter some terrible kids they were trying to scare my dog by screaming at him or posing some aggressive posture ( my is just a little Bicheno Fries). And It's also hard to find a place to stay if you carry a dog with you. Like Taikoo Shing , such a big complext living area, don't allow any pets.

If you're like everyone else, you walk your dog in DB. I wish you would not.

Then on the other hand you've got the types who don't desex their dogs and use them as guard dogs. Or the type that let their dogs walk off a leash but are "just noisy and perfect harmless" (yeah right).

Granted children in Wan Chai Gap Park would have never even heard the word "mongrel".

So, a really long way to go towards a culture of responsible dog ownership and public dog acceptance here (and elsewhere in Asia)...

You've got to keep in mind this idea of keeping dogs/cats as (pampered) pets is a rather new phenomenon...

"You've got to keep in mind this idea of keeping dogs/cats as (pampered) pets is a rather new phenomenon..."
    Yeah. I have hear a couple saying like "oh, you are pregnant so you should just abandoned your dog." or my mother-in-law always tell my dog that you mum will abandon you if you are that dirty or your mum will no longer love you once they have a baby." I am so pissed off and have communicated with them for a couple times that every life should be respect, but you know... they never learned.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast