SPCA vet charges

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hey guys,

all i said that.. i'm shocked n dissapointed to SPCA.. because they used to be more affordable, years ago when i spayed my dog, they charged me $600 while private quoted me $1000sth, that's why now i'm shocked with their new price list. and my bad, if I want to have a pet while i'm not rich but i'm not looking for freebies either. just looking for some alternatives.

same as ppl Q-ing for gov. clinics or some clinic supported by some charity or church or some foundation, why would they waste time to queue there? not go straight to private hospital or clinic? because they're seeking for affordable treatments, not because they disrespect the professionals by paying them less.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    What I understood was you gave them $1000 and they gave you back $850 = $150. Then they charged you $150 more for the cone and "diluted medicine" whatever that means as all medicine tends to be diluted. $150 plus $150 = $300.

But then reading your first post again I think you are saying the $150 was deducted from the deposit for the cone and medicine and you paid something else as well. Correct? So how much did it cost?
    My cat's "free" spaying cost $150 for a useless cone and 3ml of useless medicine

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    My cat's "free" spaying cost $150 for a useless cone and 3ml of useless medicine
    So you paid nothing for the spaying and $150 for the cone and medicine and yet you say "no more qualified than other vets who charge less". You are right, I am becoming more and more confused.

deleteduser
    So you paid nothing for the spaying and $150 for the cone and medicine and yet you say "no more qualified than other vets who charge less". You are right, I am becoming more and more confused.
    You're right, you are confused...

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It cost us $380 to have each of our cats spayed.

$150 at the SPCA sounds like it is not all that expensive, nor did I feel that $380 charged at our regular clinic, ie Victoria Veterinarian Clinics in Tuen Mun & Yuen Long. They are excellent, and charge very reasonable prices, considering the high standard of staff.

Vet care in HK isn't expensive in my opinion, we just had our 3 cats vaccinated again, for $600, ( 200hkd each ) which is miles cheaper than Vet treatment in Australia. Rarely getting out of the clinic with a less than $200AUS charge.
    $150 is $150 more than they were supposed to charge

You're right, you are confused...
    So explain which fact I got wrong - the fact that it cost you $150 in total including the useless cone and medicine or your quote that many other similarly qualified vets charge less? Then explain how they can both exist as truths. Perhaps it's my age but you are not making sense.

Oh and a red blob for me it seems. "Just give up" as the comment. Sorry, I just like to be clear on these things.
    Last edited by hullexile; 12-11-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Hey Hull, I got the same "just give up" red blob, and one from the other person in this thread who does not agree with criticism, calling me a know it all or something...

I do have to laugh, especially after just walking in the door from a day of "knowing it all", and now being called back to work on a dog that I can't treat because no one will pay, but I'm expected to fix it for nothing, in my own time.

get a grip you red blobbers...

deleteduser
    So explain which fact I got wrong - the fact that it cost you $150 in total including the useless cone and medicine or your quote that many other similarly qualified vets charge less? Then explain how they can both exist as truths. Perhaps it's my age but you are not making sense.

Oh and a red blob for me it seems. "Just give up" as the comment. Sorry, I just like to be clear on these things.
    As for a free service costing $150, I think even you can figure that out. If not, there's no helping you I'm afraid.

As for SPCA charging more than other vets.. well why don't you go back and read the OP's post again? Or if you like, call around and compare prices.

If you can't figure all this out... sorry maybe you should go back to giving red dots out to people, and complaining when you get one or two

$150 is $150 more than they were supposed to charge
    You are pissed off because what was supposed to be FREE did not actually become FREE as they still managed to bill you for something.
    This is the only problem right?

OK I give up, s/he is clearly so tightfisted it has effected their thinking.