Like Tree14Likes

Aquarium - freshwater snails needed for dwarf puffer

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Aquarium - freshwater snails needed for dwarf puffer

Hi,

Does anyone have freshwater snails they would like to get rid off? My dwarf puffer cleared my tank and I'm left with 5 bladder snails. I need some as soon as possible, anyone know where I can get some?

Regards,
    A concerned fish owner

Last edited by Zwlee4; 09-01-2018 at 10:13 PM.

I used to have some left but also got some puffers, they killed everything that moved.

Hey @Plutark

Nice to meet a fellow puffer keeper. Mine leaves the endlers and shrimps alone, but no snails survive once they've been spotted.

How do you go about feeding your puffers now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwlee4:
    Hi,

Does anyone have freshwater snails they would like to get rid off? My dwarf puffer cleared my tank and I'm left with 5 bladder snails. I need some as soon as possible, anyone know where I can get some?
    Try Goldfish Street in Mongkok.
    shri and Zwlee4 like this.

I had to give my fish tank away. I used to feed them with Shrimps actually!

I'll try goldfish street, but my experience with goldfish street is that the snails there tend to be quite large. My puffer is a dwarf puffer so maybe the ramshorn? Thanks a lot!

Ah.. hope they are in good hands now.

Mine won't touch the shrimps, and tbh, I like having shrimps in the tanks as well

@Zwlee4 can ya post a picture of your tank, I miss my 250L salt water tank, I spent over 20K getting that set up with corals and fish when it was in its best condition, in the end I gave the tank away for FREE as I had to move to a smaller place lol

Zwlee4 likes this.

Name:  IMG_20171216_120039.jpg
Views: 3301
Size:  492.6 KB @chuckster007 this is my 6-ish gallon tank. The cost to setup was <HKD1,000

[Update] The storekeepers on goldfish street would not sell their "pest" snails. They said those were not for sale and that was it. A little off goldfish street, I found a fish store that happened to have some trumpet snails and pond snails. Long story short, I got 15 snails for hkd20 and am currently starting my own snail farm for continuous supply.

rani and chuckster007 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast