Like Tree8Likes

Wan Chai Animal Hospital v. Veterinary Specialty Hospital

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wan Chai Animal Hospital v. Veterinary Specialty Hospital

Hi geo’s, I’m hoping people might be able to give me some feedback. My cat needs surgery on his hip and knee. I met with Dr Paul Essey at Wan Chai Animal Hospital but would like a comparison. I’m considering Dr Alane Kosanovich Cahalane at the Veterinary Hospital.

Does anyone have feedback on either vet or the clinics? I’m a little concerned that the Wan Chai Animal Hospital doesn’t have staff overnight unless you pay for it, I’m not sure about the other vet until I meet with them.

Any knowledge would be much appreciated.

Sorry, doesn't really answer your question. But we had an issue with our pup earlier this year and our Vet recommended PAVC in Mongkok over Wanchai. The Vets have years of experience. And their charges are supposedly less. Fortunately, our pup recovered on her own so we don't have to operate.
    Best of luck!

misshappy26 likes this.

We use Wanchai Animal Hospital. Can't compare with any others, but been happy with their service.

A friend uses them too.

misshappy26 likes this.

If you have concerns about overnight care, I have had to use The Ark twice now and both times have been very impressed with the care given. I was allowed to stay late with my dog after her surgery and noticed during my time that the nurses on night duty were very hands on with their charges, spending time with them and giving them a lot of one-on-one attention beyond general nursing care.

misshappy26 and Cwbguy like this.

My very anxious dog has had 2 operations on her knees at Valley Veterinary Centre 快活谷獸醫中心 It says a lot about them that even with that my dog loves going to the vet / if we ever go past she tries to go in. I joke if I ever lose her I can just go to the vet and she will be there.

The operations have been successful. My cats also like going there. Would recommend them for a second opinion.

misshappy26 and Cwbguy like this.

Thanks everyone!

Which vet vet did you use at The Ark?

I’ve managed to get an appointment with Dr Alane but earliest is the 28th so my poor boy is in pain meds until the surgery.

does anyone have any experience of surgery done by Dr Tint over in Mong Kok I believe. I called the surgery but they don’t seem to offer 24 hour care

Now to find the $25,000+ for the op...

Last edited by misshappy26; 12-06-2018 at 09:10 PM.

I use The Ark too and very happy with them, I only ever been to them so cannot compare. I have been told they are on the pricier side. I use Dr. Polly Yau and very happy with her. Good luck.

misshappy26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by misshappy26:
    Thanks everyone!

Which vet vet did you use at The Ark?

I’ve managed to get an appointment with Dr Alane but earliest is the 28th so my poor boy is in pain meds until the surgery.

does anyone have any experience of surgery done by Dr Tint over in Mong Kok I believe. I called the surgery but they don’t seem to offer 24 hour care

Gary Lo did the surgery on my dog, very happy with him.
    misshappy26 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by misshappy26:

Had to pay $19,000 to remove a benign tumor from my GS's leg recently. Most of the cost went to making sure that it was in-fact benign.

Anyways, when I received the bill, I thought they had made a mistake... I did the entire squint your eyes, read the bill with index finger, act, to see if the numbers change, somehow. Two weeks later, when I went back to remove the stitches, a guy went past me, index finger on his bill, trailing off "Georgie...What?! Ohhh my Gyaadd..." And, I would be lying if I said I didn't find that funny.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast