Like Tree13Likes

Pet Lizard....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pet Lizard....

I appear to have adopted a Lizard over the weekend, we have only exchanged brief pleasantry's so far as it lightning quick. Any recommendations on how to ask it to leave "nicely" ?

how big is it? just let it be. it will eat the bugs in your house. we used to have geckoes, but have not seen it in a year. kind of miss it.

It good have them around. Just leave it be.

We have dozens inside and outside the house. I think they are cute and fun to watch. Not only do you not have to feed these pets but they eat mountains of mosquitos and other insects. And added bonus is tgat the mother-in-law is frightened of them.

there are shortcoming though, their droppings can be irritating after a while if you have too many of them at home...

Yuch! I was monitoring this thread with a small amount of comfort until your post...........

I have one kicking around my 20/f apartment. Not seen him in a while either. I also woke up to find a dead baby one in my bed earlier this year which was a bit strange.

But yea like the others say just leave it be and it will be useful to you.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    there are shortcoming though, their droppings can be irritating after a while if you have too many of them at home...
    Our's are very well trained, they shit inside the light fittings so you just need to empty and clean once in a while . I take comfort in the fact that most of it is ex-mosquitos.

If it is a small lizard on the wall or ceiling, then as others mentioned it is probably a gecko, and a good thing. They dont last long in my flat as my cat hunts them down, to my frustration.

If it is larger, you can contact SPCA or Kadoorie farm for suggestions. I recall many years ago a visiting grandmother in the NT calling the police about a lizard in the home, and the officer told her it is likely a gecko and to ignore it as a good thing. She called back a while later to ask what to do now that it had knocked over the coffee table. Turned out someone had dumped an over 1m long iguana in the owoods and it came in throught the terace door.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by twobecomeone:
    Yuch! I was monitoring this thread with a small amount of comfort until your post...........
    We have several that take care of the bugs... there have been reports of them laying eggs in people's ears but earplugs are cheap enough.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast