Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree13Likes

Relocate with my Cat

One of my cats is super scared, former feral. I medicated her during the drive (5 hours) to the airport and it had worn off by the time we checked in but she was still pretty calm after it wore off (all with vet approval). So the medication did not affect breathing on the plane but at least the journey started off mellow.

The water and food was silly but required by CX for my trip- all it did was get all over the crate and for one cat, he upended the crate cushion and it contacted the water bottle and wicked out the water...sigh. I bought custom-sized cushions that perfectly fit the crate, they slept on them in advance of the trip (still use them under the bed) but one cat spent the trip under his cushion.

Selinasuen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Selinasuen
    @Natfixit Thanks for sharing your experience, I wish I posted this a bit early to I can use the company you recommend, but I made my first payment already hope everything will go smoothly with them and I will post my story after as reference for the others

I am thinking to pick either CX or Singapore Airline for this trip, but since you recommended CX maybe that's a better choice for me.

Also yes I heard that the terminal is pretty far way from the airport, since I will go to Singapore next month, I will make sure to check out and go there once to check it out and make sure I won't get lose in the way.

Thanks again for all your advise!!!! It was very helpful and I feel better to heard some successful story cause I do worry a lot!
    Best to take a taxi to the cargo area as it is far away. Also, you need to register at the security gate, get a pass - you must leave a SG ID card, or if you do not have, you do need to have some documentation why you must be there. Sorry, they are tough. You can leave your passport or HKID. If you have chosen a pet relocation, it is normal that they have a contact agent at this end to deliver the cat to your front door, like we have always done with ours. Regardless, it doesn't hurt to try to check it out.

The airline will not allow anything else in the carrier apart from a rug ( we normally sleep on a rug for a week prior plus lay down the old t shirts in the carrier that my husband and I have been wearing, plus a small soft toy. Our cat was perfectly fine with his crate. He liked to sleep in it after we had arrived in HKG and SG - I used to leave it out for him to sleep in at night next to our dog. ( then we adopted one of our foster dogs ( another beagle) , who was a bit too frisky for our cat, so ended up sleeping with us upstairs.

Attach one of those water cylinders with the small ball that the cat licks and dispenses water without it flooding the carrier. Your cat should not have any food 8 hrs before the flight anyway. It is only a 4 hrs flight, and the last thing a cat wants to do is mess up its carrier. CX are pretty good with transporting animals. Used them twice with no problems.
    Selinasuen likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3