Healthy LABRADOR DOG FOUND on Caine Road

Closed Thread

Healthy LABRADOR DOG FOUND on Caine Road

I found a sweet, healthy, young labrador frolicking on Caine Road tonight. He kept running into the street and almost got hit by two cars, so I took him home.

Does anyone know anyone whose dog is missing?

In case we can't find the owners, is anyone interested in fostering/adopting him?

We live in a tiny studio flat and already have a small dog, so unfortunately we can't keep him even though we'd love to.

We are taking him to Hong Kong Dog Rescue in the morning.

Isn't it microchipped?

If you haven't already, talk to the HK SPCA and/or Hong Kong Dog Rescue. Both organizations should be able to help check for a microchip and may help you figure out what to do with the dog (foster home, new home, etc.).

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong Dog Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    If you haven't already, talk to the HK SPCA and/or Hong Kong Dog Rescue. Both organizations should be able to help check for a microchip and may help you figure out what to do with the dog (foster home, new home, etc.).

Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Hong Kong)

Hong Kong Dog Rescue
    The OP already says they are taking the dog to HK Dog Rescue this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The OP already says they are taking the dog to HK Dog Rescue this morning.
    We're REALLY full at HKDR right now, which is why I suggested talking to them first. Not sure who is there today, but if its not someone who can do intake, they may be turned away. If the dog is likely a lost pet, the SPCA will be more helpful.
    Last edited by hello_there; 28-11-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hello_there:
    We're REALLY full at HKDR right now, which is why I suggested talking to them first. Not sure who is there today, but if its not someone who can do intake, they may be turned away. If the dog is likely a lost pet, the SPCA will be more helpful.
    OK, understand your post now.

Can you believe I got a red blob for that? Oh well, if it made you feel better it was worth it.

Labrador now at Hong Kong Dog Rescue

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies.

At HKDR's suggestion, we called SPCA to check for missing dog reports and there were none of his description. HKDR said that in that case we could take him to them (HKDR), so we did, where they scanned him, and he does have a microchip. They are going to track down the related information now. Hope he was just lost and finds his owners. He seems like he was very loved.

He has a very affectionate and gentle nature, has learned commands like 'sit' and 'shake hands' and is toilet trained. He needs a happy, affectionate home, so (in case he is not claimed by his owner) if anyone knows someone who is looking for and can provide a good home for a nice family dog, please get in touch with Hong Kong Dog Rescue.

Last edited by dreamlauncher; 28-11-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks for helping the dog find its home and good luck.