Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By dynamco
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 2 Post By chuckster007

Dogs at Clearwater

Closed Thread

Dogs at Clearwater

Hi All,

I have heard that there is a beach in Clearwater that dogs are allowed on but I cannot find any detailed information on where it is and how to get there. I don't want to go all the way out there and not find it so I would really love some guidance from this wonderful community.

Thanks all in advance!

Pro tip: If you’re unsure whether your preferred beach is dog-friendly or not, the general rule of thumb is that if there are no lifeguard towers or netted areas, it’s not a gazetted beach, and you’ve got the all-clear.
    Both of the main beaches in Clearwater Bay have nets and lifeguards.

Thanks, emx - I have the list of gazetted beaches and know about the 2 clearwater beaches that dogs arent allowed on. However, people have spoken about another beach in the area that is not gazetted that they take their dog's to- I would love the pro tip on how to find that one!

That would almost certainly be Sheung Sze Wan beach. I used to live fairly close. It is not massive but certainly dog friendly and big enough for decent enough exercise. It used to peak and trough from being cleaned up to having storm and washed up sea debris on it.

Whether it is worth a trip out is debatable unless you mix it with somewhere like TKO waterside which has transformed beyond belief for a waterside path walk

Enzos likes this.

Great, thanks for the info. Might not be worth it on its own then but I do love the TKO waterside so sounds good to combine.

Thanks!!!

If you have a car and will be driving then I can recommend this small beach which has no life guards and is not owned by anyone, I used to take my 3 huskies there when I still lived in Clear Water Bay before.

Drive to The Palisades, 19 Pik Sha Rd, Clear Water Bay and park nearby, low probablility of getting a ticket as its a dead end road.
    There is a path that lead down to the beach, its a concrete path, its next to the Drainage Dept Pumping Station gate. once you walk down this is what the beach look likes see below website.

Enjoy.

https://goo.gl/maps/Mc6LdSuvs2xGLcbv9
    https://goo.gl/maps/Wh1D6XEp3yDwDrC16

rkenia852 and Enzos like this.

Amazing, thank you for the details - very helpful!!!