Like Tree15Likes

Buying kitten from breeders in HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The prices are around from 14k and you can see them and parents. But is still a lot of money!

Anyway, thanks a lot for tips!

I think any villager would be willing to sell you a kitten for $500

Are you a Chinese speaker? Did you try them:
    https://www.facebook.com/HKSCDA/

https://hkscda.com/

You didn't clarify: are you looking for an adult cat or kitten? (Sometimes charities do not adopt out kittens with toddlers as the two don't get along well!) It hasn't been kitten season, but kitten season is coming soon, so there will be a lot of options soon.

You could put up an ad on geoexpats explaining you're looking to adopt and wondering if anyone is leaving or seeking a home.

Shame to spend that kind of money when there are so many cats in need. And yes, it DOES take time, but you're looking at a 20 year commitment -- you wouldn't date a partner for just a few months and then throw your hands up and say you give up if they won't commit to you!

Please consider getting 2 together instead of one, because they can enjoy companionship.

MABinPengChau and spode like this.

Also, if you are applying for a SPECIFIC cat (like a British Short Hair) there will be many other applications as the cat will be popular- whereas if you apply for random kitten of street cats, there are...many. There used to be serial litters in some places near the public housing estate on Peng Chau (same with dogs)...take your pick (although a feral kitten is a handful as I raised one and can tell you from experience).

If you must go with a breeder, please only go to a humane, certified (like CFA or TICA although I don't know if they check breeding conditions) breeder where you can see the parents. Likely to be more expensive and, fair warning, the kittens are usually sold while Mom is pregnant so once they come out they are already "reserved" (you will see this on websites). Crappy breeders breed brother to sister or any other random pair of cats, yup, always kittens as they care nothing for the animals involved.

blandy62 likes this.

Thanks

sent you a pm

Please please please don’t buy from a breeder; I recently fostered a beautiful 8-week old British Blue who had been dumped by a breeder; the kitten had gotten an eye infection which was left untreated by the breeder leading to the eye rupturing; he eventually had to have his eye removed. At less than six months this poor little cat has been through so much, not only his eye but when he was found he was covered in faeces, urine and fleas.

Please do try another charity; there are so many cats who already need a loving home. Just today the charity I volunteer for received a cat who was abandoned; she was definitely a pet as she is so docile

Try HK paws. https://www.hkpaws.org/adopt-a-cat

Please don't go to a breeder. There are lots of gorgeous cats needing a home. We've adopted 2.

misshappy26 likes this.

If you’re patient, someone may advertise on here especially since a ‘significant’ number of people are emigrating and pet export fees are astronomical because of flight restrictions.

I got a gorgeous Ragdoll (Free) from someone here but he has to stay in HK until the airline fees come down.

Which two did you adopt?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2