Like Tree20Likes

Reliable dog breeders

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reliable dog breeders

Hi all,

Appreciate if anyone could recommend some reliable dog breeders in Hong Kong, preferably golden retrievers or labradors.

The puppies from street shops seem overpriced and not sure how reliable the breeder is. Any insight would be great.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetoasis:
    Hi all,

Appreciate if anyone could recommend some reliable dog breeders in Hong Kong, preferably golden retrievers or labradors.
    None.

The puppies from street shops seem overpriced and not sure how reliable the breeder is. Any insight would be great.
    All run by triads, puppy farm problems.
    huja and Flapster like this.

Thanks for the response - are there any better alternatives, perhaps importing?

Adopt from local shelter

mrgoodkat, rkenia852, huja and 6 others like this.

Thanks all.

I'm not opposed to adopting, but how can I guarantee / screen the health of the puppy? Dedicated to be a responsible owner but don't want to adopt a puppy with a bunch of problems that are difficult to cure, etc.

there are no legit breeders in hong kong

emx and Flapster like this.

Thanks all.

I'm not opposed to adopting, but how can I guarantee / screen the health of the puppy? Dedicated to be a responsible owner but don't want to adopt a puppy with a bunch of problems that are difficult to cure, etc.
    over breed pure breeds dogs have more hereditary medical problems then mixed breed dogs.
    mexmon, Flapster and emx like this.

Thanks all.

The dog shelter will give you good advice.

We went with one dog in mind that we had see online but they advised us against it, pointing out some of the dog's ongoing problems. We adopted a different one instead and have had two amazing years with him.

I was told recently of a guide dog training centre in NT - all labs I believe. Not all dogs pass and those that don't go to good homes. Same for retired dogs. Check them out
    Elegiaque and emx like this.

Because the charities are acting in the interest of the animal welfare, not profit, they desex, vaccinate, and test for diseases. They usually have processes to get to know the temperament of the dogs, too, and can help find a good match.

There are many dogs in need in Hong Kong. Many are killed each year because there aren't enough homes. So it's strange to be breeding dogs at the same time to sell. The breeders also tend to dump puppies and the breeding dogs as soon as there's a health problem, even if it can be treated. Leaving the charities paying for their mess.

Try approaching a few charities and see which is easiest to work with. You may need to wait but usually a breed will come up for adoption.

Will post a list when at a computer, but I think there's a list pinned on this forum.

may be you should check those animal charities...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast