I'm having trouble finding a dog boarder for my 14-year-old miniature schnauzer. Some of his issues:
- His back legs are a bit weak and he slips on hardwood floors, so floors with a bit more grip, or rugs/carpet, are needed
- He's almost blind so indoor layouts need to be open, with no steps, and care needs to be taken when walking him
- He sometimes gets a bit bitey when people try and clean him up (mitigated by his muzzle, but still not for everyone)
- He pees inside (usually after eating) but that is controlled with diapers
- He's not great around other dogs. He's boarded with other elderly dogs before and he's ok (after initial barking) but younger dogs full of energy are a no no
Fun eh! He sounds like some decrepit old mutt but he's still quite lively (which combined with the almost-blindness also causes a few issues...)
If anybody knows a boarder who might be suitable please let me know.