Hedgehogs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hedgehogs

Hi all! Where can I adopt this kind of pet or do they sell them in pet shops here?

hedgehogs aren't pets?
    Posted via Mobile Device

And they aren't native to asia either so you won't get one for love nor money.

There was once a hedgehog being given for adoption in one of the expat sites, so I supposed they are existent here. True, they are not natives here and moreover they are considered exotic. But I find it hard to believe they are not considered pets. They can be domesticated as far as I know.

codezero, you can purchase hedgehogs from the pet shops in Mongkok. I can't remember the exact street but there is a street where fish, snakes, and other exotic animals are sold? Tung Choi Street, I think..

I recall walking past shops selling marine sea life and gawking in horror at their wares (sorry, I personally don't believe in having a seawater aquarium).. and there are a few random shops which sell chameleons, snakes, lizards, hedgehogs. Good luck in finding it!

pet street is opposite the Prince Edward Police Station, one over from Fa Yuen street. they don't sell any hedgehogs in any of the shops there, i've checked all of them. twice. -_-

there is one really big pet shop that i found one grumpy hedgehog for sale, it's in MK but not on pet street - it's on an isolated little street. they import them from overseas at the "peak time", so at the moment they haven't got any babies. i forget the shops name/address, but i can dig it up for you if you want. the owner of the shop is really nice and helpful, the rest of the staff are rude and horrid.

they also sell axelotls.

international trade in 'exotic' pets is just wrong
    Posted via Mobile Device

WOW....

Quote Originally Posted by codezero:
    Hi all! Where can I adopt this kind of pet or do they sell them in pet shops here?
    Having a hedgehog for a pet is the first time i ever heard of it. But i do not think it is wrong, if you want it as a pet then go for it but remeber one important thing. When he/she gets sick which vet can you go to for help? There is not much vet which has reptile exprience, but i know 2 or 3 vets they do but i doubt they have exprience in a hedgehog. You do not want them killing it or you do not want you killing it by doing the wrong thing.. think again before you buy or adopt animals or reptiles

Quote Originally Posted by Statuecollector:
    Having a hedgehog for a pet is the first time i ever heard of it. But i do not think it is wrong, if you want it as a pet then go for it but remeber one important thing. When he/she gets sick which vet can you go to for help? There is not much vet which has reptile exprience, but i know 2 or 3 vets they do but i doubt they have exprience in a hedgehog. You do not want them killing it or you do not want you killing it by doing the wrong thing.. think again before you buy or adopt animals or reptiles
    Really? Back home there is a club called "Philippine Hedgehog Society".

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    And they aren't native to asia either so you won't get one for love nor money.
    India has many species of hedgehog, and China has at least one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast