Doggie pooping in the street?? - Urgentish!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by CPA4U:
    Am I reading the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
    page correctly? If a dog deposits urine in a "common part of a building" we could receive a $10,000 fine?

Hmmm... seems to suggest you can get the fine for allowing your dog to pee, even if you do clean it up!

Quite scary isn't it

In the UK I would never take rules like that too seriously, but I get the impression that here the police, or authority figures don't have as many serious issues to be dealing with. Like I said on a previous post, I saw five policemen taking down someone for littering just outside my apartment. When in the UK, I saw someone get stabbed in the street I lived on in London, and I don't think there were even five policemen on the scene for that!!

This is why I prefer cats

It's nice to hear people extolling responsible dog ownership. I usually see DH's walking the dogs in my area, and they don't pick up, they just walk on. The grass parking verge next to the Ma On Shan swimming pool is one continuous poo pile.

it really annoys me when I see dog owners who do that as its because of them dogs are not allowed in many parks in Hong Kong!

Spotted and skirted three large dog turds outside my building on Saturday. Two of them had footprints in them

I don't know how they can call the roof a "common area" since only the penthouse owners have access. The public is not allowed on the roof.
    Technically it is a common area, as the public will need access to it when there is a fire / emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Spotted and skirted three large dog turds outside my building on Saturday. Two of them had footprints in them
    When my wife and I were here in HK our first stay, there was a movie playing called Pret a' Porter (Ready to Wear). It was something about the fashion industry, I don't remember much, but it was in Paris, and there was a running joke in the movie about dog poo on the sidewalk, and people cursing "Merde!" for that and other reasons.

To this day, whenever we see a stepped-on poo we both spout "Merde!" Stupid, but funny to us...

Quote Originally Posted by TS888:
    To this day, whenever we see a stepped-on poo we both spout "Merde!" Stupid, but funny to us...
    That's the kind of thing I'd do, so I totally understand