Head cone for dogs.

Closed Thread

Head cone for dogs.

Hi, would anyone know where I can get a kinder version of a dog head cone for my 2 month old puppy who's just developed 'cherry eye'? he has to have one on for at least the next 4 months as he's too young to have the cherry eye operated on and he's scratching the wound and making it bleed. The vets have given him a hard plastic one that he really hates....having to wear it for that long will probably rub the fur and skin around his neck eventually
    Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks.

Try the various pet shops in Mongkok or Causeway Bay.

Failing that try giving Valley pets a call. They are in Happy Valley.

Try talking to you vet about possible treatments to make the eye less irritated.

They may be able to prescribe some eyedrops - it won't make the cherry eye go away but it means you can get rid of the collar until the surgery time, if it works.

Comfy Cone

Have you heard of Comfy Cone... It is the "kinder version" to the traditional hard plastic lamp shade... and it is now available in Hong Kong... and only at a few selected Vet Clinics / Pet Shops.

Thankyou all for your replies. Really appreciated.

I always wondered what those cones were for. I thought they were like blinkers for dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by HBN:
    Have you heard of Comfy Cone... It is the "kinder version" to the traditional hard plastic lamp shade... and it is now available in Hong Kong... and only at a few selected Vet Clinics / Pet Shops.
    Ran across these comfy cones at Whiskers n Paws pet store at Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau over the weekend.

Welcome to Whiskers N Paws