Need recommendation/advice on dog transportation

Closed Thread

Need recommendation/advice on dog transportation

I am new to HK, just moved here from the US for my new job. My dog will soon be joining me as well. She will be traveling on United Cargo flight from Chicago. I have arranged all the steps from the US end, but having trouble getting information on what happens once my dog gets to HK airport, as well as how to transport her from the airport to my apartment in Wan Chai.

Can someone walk me through where exactly does the cargo flight land at HK airport? what are the custom steps involve once the dog makes landing? how do I pick my dog up from custom? Last, any good transportation service that I can use to get her from airport to my apartment?

Thank you!

I think all the information you need is here: AFCD Collection of Animals at Hong Kong International Airport

By the way, I can't find any evidence that United flies freighters to HKG - I suspect your dog will be coming in the cargo hold of a normal passenger flight.

You can take a dog in a taxi if the driver agrees. There is a surcharge HK$5.

Last edited by PDLM; 28-05-2009 at 09:44 AM.

or you can contact George from International Pet Travel to help you arrange transportation. We have had nothing but good experiences with him. We often have dealings with him for our boarding clients' dogs.

Thank you guys, will follow your advice!

Hey, call hk agriculture department and check all the importing documents. They have a department at the airport. once you know the cargo information. you have to use the 'bill lading document' to clear your cargo'your pet' out and then the agriculture department will have someone examine your pet and the document. once they certify nothing is missing and he's in good healty you can clear it out and take the cab home. i've done it with my puppie great dane years ago. all by myself. takes time but workable becos more satisfaction. and of course you can get professional to help.