aquarium hobbyist

Closed Thread

aquarium hobbyist

Is there any aquarium hobbyist who exchanges aquarium plants/fishes/decorations in Hong Kong? I know there are a lot in the US. They even got auction gathering.

no aquarium forum, but you can use forum, i have 3 large black telescopic goldfish ( size 4-5 inches length, 2-3 inches tall) which will out grow my tank (3ftx 2ftx2ft), if you promise you look after them properly, i can give them to you.

ps, they had a slight skin condition, but since cured as i have used anti bacterial treatment, please send me an e mail if you're interested.

[email protected]

many thanks

Does anyone know of any aquarist clubs in Hong Kong? I'm fairly new to the hobby - and would love to see what others are doing and exchange ideas.

How about this, why don't we start one! I mean, if there's one, I would love to join in and stuff.

i'm also new to this hobby and i love sitting in front of my tank and looking at the fish swim around

I also love walking around goldfish street in mongkok, some of the salt water tanks are so amazing.

What kind of fish are you keeping? Plants? Tank size? How long have you been in the hobby? I have a 100 ltr planted community tank - and the plants have been the biggest challenge - more so than the fish. But after months of trial & error getting the ferts and c02 right - I seem to be making good progress. Nothing like some of the amazing aquascapes you see on the web, though.
    I keep redline torpedo barbs, black skirt tetras, pearl gouramis, cory catfish, SAE's, ottos, nerite snails, guppies, zebra danios, rainbow fish and a male betta. c02 is produced the cheap way (yeast mixed with sugar) but has been really effective.

Last edited by deac; 05-07-2009 at 03:23 PM.