Dogs on Ferry's/Boats.

Closed Thread

Dogs on Ferry's/Boats.

Hello,
    Does anyone know exactly which Ferry's allow dogs on board - know the one to Lamma is ok, but not sure about the others.
    Thanks.

All the outlying island ferries allow dogs for a fee. And the one for Discovery Bay is free for dogs. Make sure that your dog is on leash and is muzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbo:
    All the outlying island ferries allow dogs for a fee.
    Not true. On New World First Ferries (so that is Central-Cheung Chau / Mui Wo and some minor routes) dogs are only allowed in the ordinary class of ordinary ferries. They are not allowed on Fast Ferries or in Deluxe class of ordinary ferries.

See NWFF's newsletter here: http://www.nwff.com.hk/upload_files/...59/issue24.pdf (scroll down a couple of pages).

For HKKF (Yung Shue Wan & Sok Kwu Wan on Lamma, plus Peng Chau) then pets are allowed on all sailings.

In both cases there is no fee for a dog, but they must be on a lead and muzzled (or in a secure carrying case in the case of lapdogs).
    Last edited by PDLM; 12-06-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Not true. On New World First Ferries (so that is Central-Cheung Chau / Mui Wo and some minor routes) dogs are only allowed in the ordinary class of ordinary ferries. They are not allowed on Fast Ferries or in Deluxe class of ordinary ferries.

See NWFF's newsletter here: http://www.nwff.com.hk/upload_files/...59/issue24.pdf (scroll down a couple of pages).

For HKKF (Yung Shue Wan & Sok Kwu Wan on Lamma, plus Peng Chau) then pets are allowed on all sailings.

In both cases there is no fee for a dog, but they must be on a lead and muzzled (or in a secure carrying case in the case of lapdogs).
    Sorry, I wasn't correct and didn't mention about the ordinary ferries only allow dog.

I haven't actually taken the ferries with my dogs before, but I have checked at the ferry pier in Cental. It was only last year. I asked all of them and they all told me I've got to pay a fee. I also have friends who take their dogs to Lamma Island hiking regularly and they said they have to pay for their dogs.

As for Discovery Bay, I do have a friend who lives there and he regularly takes his dogs to and from home. That's definitely free.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    For HKKF ({...} Peng Chau)
    Slight error here - Peng Chau is NWFF these days, so Ordinary Ferries only on that route.

Also some minor routes (kaitos) do have permission to charge for animals.

Service Details

Very much appreciate your replies.
    Have a good day.