Like Tree1Likes

Pet birds in Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can a duck be seen as a parrot, or a chicken as a budgy?

Quote Originally Posted by jundo3:
    these groups might be mostly chinese speaking, but i'm sure you will find a group that will be excited to accomodate expats with birds!
    Yipeee Im going to get a chicken and put it in a parrot cage, will I be welcome? A thin chicken?

Awe shucks no one? On the Chicken thing? Must I still buy free range New Zealand?

I must do an egg review one of these days its sure to delight.

Can i ask where do "our" eggs come from in this case, are we allowing the poor China farmer to be threatened with death while we steam egg for our little ones?

Hey I'm not afraid and i have little to lose can I also do it? Big brown ones little green ones and any other you could wish for?

A rather sad note.

Our neighbour a delightful old gent and his wife, also shared our neck of woods, our two house village in the never never land of trees and porcupine and rain.

In the dead of winter (that means dry not cold) early in the crisp morning he went up into the spring where our water comes sprouting out of the earth. He stepped on a slippery stone, eighty years old and fell like an autumn leaf onto the treacherous sharp rocks way down bellow.

He cracked his head and died alone.

We didn't find him for six days an had his wife sleep next to our door she wouldn't come in further in case her love came home and she wouldn't know.

I climbed and i climbed every ravine every day until I found him at last. Draped over the rocks the water running smooth over his head he looked like he belonged there. I didn't touch not a stone, instead I scrambled up a tree and tied a flag for the helicopter. Before I called them I took her arm in mine and we went to him alone and I left her to say goodbye.

In my rage and horror and hate and shame she lost her little perfect farm cause females were not allowed to inherit.

So we come back to today. Her F***ing brother in-law who knows nothing of the land, today burnt her little chicken coop to the ground. Where every morning with delight she gathered six brown eggs and made her husband his breakfast before leaving two perfect brown eggs at our door.

I cant find her and i cant, winter melon and pumpkin pie brown eggs and fresh fish, where ever you are my love please come home tonight.

Put a red kitchen glove on a penguin and you can call it a rooster

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Put a red kitchen glove on a penguin and you can call it a rooster
    good idea only are penguinies classified as safe, and if I turn her into a rooster (no eggs shit) will he it her be thrown out the territory???

Quote Originally Posted by Edward48:
    Hi guys,

This is my first post here, I am a bird and pet enthusiast, 4 dogs, 14 birds, one chinchilla, 3 turtles and 7 fish; at the moment i'm breeding lovebirds in the aviary, am hand feeding soon, have 3 babies just under two weeks old nearly ready to be pulled out.

Here are some pics,

Anyone else with pet birds in HK want to share?

Edd
    Hi Ed not sure if you still keep birds as this was ahwile ago but I am interested. I will try and send you PVT mail. Ant.

Hi Edward I know this post is reasonably old but your post is a one in a million. Actualy I've never seen one like this ever in ten years living here. Im hoping i can contact you about your birds. You are the first breeder I have come across , and a home breeder and a responsible one by the looks of it too.

I wanted to get a bird but kept putting it off as the ones at the bird market all look like they could be carrying illness.

anyway its a long shot but I have also send you a PM.

ps this is also my first post, I found your post as it came up on a random google search about Lovebirds, i hope like anything you are still an active user (:

THIS IS A SMALL NOTIFICATION , I DO NOT SELL MY BIRDS...

What do you do with all the babies?

There are currently 17 birds residing in the aviary and all the boxes have been removed and replaced with large shelters with no floor, so there will be no further additions.