Cavalier king charles spaniel

Closed Thread

Cavalier king charles spaniel

Hello

I would like to buy cavalier king charles spaniel,but i just can not find
    any in Hong Kong.
    Does anyone know where i can find this breed ?

Thank you

Why that particular breed?

Please don't say because you think they look cute.

Do you know how high maintenance they are ? And often with health problems due to bad breeding? And they need loads of exercise - far more than many larger dogs.

There are so many unwanted dogs being killed in HK each month (around 2000). Both breeds and mixes. Please don't buy a spaniel. Adopt and save a life.

Yes i am aware of all that.
    And i have been to the dog rescue already to adopt.
    I already have one dog, and shes a small dog ,she is very gentle
    and we didnt find any dogs to fit in with her in the dog rescue.
    Adopting was our first choice..
    Well i read a lot about that breed , and one of my friend has this breed, they are very friendly and easy to get a long with and not that high maintenance at all
    And i already volunteer in the dog kennels to walk with the dogs so i know whats going on there.And someone has to buy the puppies in the stores also? If not dont you feel sorry for them also

forgive me for my broken english

Quote Originally Posted by kokoyashi:
    And someone has to buy the puppies in the stores also? If not dont you feel sorry for them also
    No. Purchasing a puppy from a pet shop in Hong Kong simply encourages the terrible breeding practices and puppy farms in HK and across the border in China. If you volunteer at a dog rescue society in Hong Kong, I'm sure that you have seen some of the poor dogs that are abandoned by nasty breeders after they become to ill or old to pop out any more babies. If you must buy a dog, find a reputable breeder (not a pet store), view the living conditions and both parent dogs and have a vet do a health check before you take the pup home. The risks of purchasing a sick puppy, or a non-purebred labled as some breed, are very high in HK pet stores. For example, we know someone who bought a king charles spaniel here a year or so ago. The dog now is almost 40 pounds, and not a bit fat - almost twice the size of a real king charles and obviously not the purebred dog they expected when they bought it.

The Hong Kong kennel club may be able to help you locate a HK breeder.

[url=http://www.hkkennelclub.com.hk/]
    Last edited by hello_there; 08-08-2009 at 05:02 PM.

Thank you for your advice
    I already found trusted breeder who has one last king charles spaniel.
    To be honest i feel more sorry for the dogs in the pet shops,i cant even go in there.
    I been only to one kennel in hong kong and its decent and dogs are being walked everyday, dont know about others tho since you are saying they are so terrible
    KEnnels are better than walking without food and water on the streets , or be with an owner who beats them

thank you for your help anyway i appreciate it

simple economics. if there is no market for the dog trade, then shop owners will sell other products in their store.

Very disappointed you chose to buy and not give a homeless (kennel) dog the chance of a better life. But hope it all works out well for you and your new dog.