Dog biscuits

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dog biscuits

Which dog biscuit brand do you feed your dog?

Eh, I personally don't believe in feeding dog biscuits to my dogs as wheat and corn aren't good for them. I feed them freeze-dried liver or pieces of lamb lung. The brand for the lamb lung is Solid Gold LA Lamb Lung Treats. For freeze-dried liver, there are a few brands which sell them. The only thing I look out for is the ingredients: 100% beef or chicken liver

Quote Originally Posted by flubber:
    Eh, I personally don't believe in feeding dog biscuits to my dogs as wheat and corn aren't good for them. I feed them freeze-dried liver or pieces of lamb lung. The brand for the lamb lung is Solid Gold LA Lamb Lung Treats. For freeze-dried liver, there are a few brands which sell them. The only thing I look out for is the ingredients: 100% beef or chicken liver
    is that a balanced diet??

The point is - are all your meals balanced? If not, then why should a dog's meal/treat be balanced all the time?

And again, it's all down to what you believe a dog should be fed.... to each his/her own

Just wondered if people used any of the following brands Eukanuba, Science Diet, Purina ONE, Royal Canin etc.

Hills Science Diet. I have Dalmatians and a Dachshund and they all eat the same. I used to buy them Iams but stopped after the animal testing scandal a few years ago.

If you haven't been there, try Whiskers N Paws in Horizon Plaza. They have lots of organic dog treats and quality dog food. You can even take your dog with you to the store. Our dogs love all their stuff.

I have a dachshund as well and she eats Hills Science Diet Light food and the Light treats. However, her favorite treats are actually cooked carrots. I keep some ready to go in the fridge.

On the subject of doggie biscuits, my boy is coming to join me this month, after living in Spain for a long time, and won't be used to any of the local brands.

Does anyone know of anywhere selling sample-sized packs of dog biscuits? I'd hate to buy one of those multi-kilo bags only to find out he doesn't like it!

Thanks

Fiona

Make your own, peanut butter, milk, baking powder and wholewheat flower.

You know exactly what's in them, and the dogs can't get enough of them.

A lot cheaper than shop bought ones too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast