Repetitive strain disorder

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi Sazzy
    If the pain is just in hands and fingers, it may not necessarily be RSI, chinese herbal medicine and acupuncture can often help, they are good at helping unexplained problems. The hospital up from Hollywood Rd, I think its called Tung Wah, but not quite sure if thats the right name, anyway they do this service and have good reputation.
    This may not make sense but if you are getting sensitive/allergic to pollution, etc in HK it may show in your hands, reffered from the Spleen, also consuming to much sugar can do this. There are many reasons why this could be happening, they are just guesses based on my experiences
    Homeopathics may also help.

Hey, I have similar problem once. Turned out that it was something wrong with my BACK! Strange but true...went to a chiropractor a couple of times and bingo, they fixed it.

Its such a nightmare that every part of your body is connected somehow - hand pain and its your BACK!! How strange. Perhaps it is time for me to be brave and go to a chinese doc!

Hey Sazzy,

How's the hand? What did u end up doing? Will your hand be better for your big day?

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy:
    Many thanks for the info and heated discussion!

FYI, I have a problem with my thumb and hand. Thumb is swollen and pain across hand and in fingers. Xrays have come back clear and no-one knows why it is painful. Just trying to find my own solution.

My suggestion: drink lots of water. Then find someone to give you a good massage.

In the meantime find out the cause - heavy mouse use? - too much playstation? etc. Whatever it is, get rid of the cause.

And drink some more water. Most of the pain diseases (those without any finding by the doctor) are related to chronic dehydration.

Water: 30ml (don't ask me about oz) per kg bodyweight daily
    add a pinch of salt to the water, so that it is still drinkable

Quote Originally Posted by dropdedfwed:
    Hey Sazzy,

How's the hand? What did u end up doing? Will your hand be better for your big day?

Hey - thanks for asking. Still suffering unfortunately. No-one seems to know why. Getting a second opinion next week so fingers crossed. Something has to be done as its painful when gripping my pint glass and that is not a good thing.