Toy poodle

Closed Thread

Toy poodle

Hi, A freind of a friend wants a toy poodle. I am strongly against buying from a pet shop so i am trying to find them a toy poodle that is up for adoption and needs a loving home. If anyone knows of any, please PM me.

NO BREEDERS!!!

Toy poodles do come up for adoption regularly, but the younger ones get snapped up quickly. If your friend is kind hearted enough to give an older poodle a home, there is probably one waiting right now, to shower your friend with love and joy.

Your friend should register interest with Alice Lau / Angela Wong at HKDR and Sheila at LAP and be ready to move quickly when one comes available.

At risk of repeating what I've said in previous posts, would your friend consider a different small dog? There are plenty of small dogs looking for loving homes which might suit your friend. Poodles are lovely of course but try to persuade her to be a bit open minded and go and meet some other small dogs with big hearts. Again speak to HKDR and LAP.

LAP have a homing day this weekend - Sunday, 11 October 2009
    Time: 12:00 - 18:00 Location: Cosmo, 310A Kings Rd, Cheung Hong St, North Point

Thanks AIP... but i am actually in close network with Sheila, Kirsten and i volunteer and foster for HKDR, so i am sure if a poodle comes up then i'll hear somehow about it. I hear quite a lot about people leaving their dogs at groomer's and pet shop's, so i was wondering if anyone knew of any poor dogs that this has hasppened to and are looking for homes now...

I have never actually met this couple, but from what i hear through a friend is that they had a poodle beforehand that passed of old age, and now feel ready to have another, age is not important as far as i know...But it is definitley a poodle they have their heart set on.

Hi Chuftie

Sorry for repeating what you already know, anyway hope others out there might find it useful and hope those guys find the dog they are looking for.

Thanks AIP

Quote Originally Posted by AIP:
    Hi Chuftie

Sorry for repeating what you already know, anyway hope others out there might find it useful and hope those guys find the dog they are looking for.
    Hi AIP,
    I have always wanted to adopt a young poodle or any young pure bred dog, but today I will be picking up my second dog from HKDR after her de-sex operation, both my dogs ended up being older (5-7+)) mixed breed type, both with missing bottom row of teeth, but they are definitely super super sweet! BTW, will there be a 3rd HKDR tribute book, I would very much like to have my 2 HKDR dogs in it. Thanks.

HKDR tribute book

Hi Paw

Congrats on your second adoption!

For the tribute book, sign up to the HKDR newsletter (if you don't already receive it) to get news when any new projects are going ahead. HKDR need to be sure that the economy has picked up enough before they go ahead with something like this.

There is also an HKDR fan page on facebook which is another good source of updates.

Hi AIP,
    Thanks for the info. I will most probably book a family photo session in Dec., of course together with "Max" and "Zoe", looking forward to seeing you.

PAW

O AIP....I didn't realise who you were at first! I came in last week with my two for a photoshoot!! Looking forward to seeing the pics!