British short hair cat

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I thought my ears were burning lol

G'day Ms Koala, and yep you're right, we have 3 BSH's, a blue f, a blue & white mitten m, and a silver point f.

BSH's take around 4 years to reach full maturity, but by nine months, your cat should pretty much look the way it's going to, but, as your vet has indicated, I'd take a wait and see approach, maybe you cat is just immature in its physical development. It's really hard to say without seeing what the cat looks like.

The main thing, is that the cat is happy and healthy, with a bit of luck, the growth rate of the head catches up with the rest of the body, during the first 4 years of growth. I can't really offer much more than that, but your cat is in a good home, so it's all good.

Here's a picture of our 3

Last edited by Skyhook; 24-11-2009 at 02:00 PM.

i think this depends on how disproportionate we're talking...

if your cat's behaviour is as normal as your other cats (assuming they're "normal" too ) then i'd say there's no big deal. this would mean there is no obvious restriction on brain development etc, however if there is any unusual behaviours, i'd recommend having it checked out. though, this is not a field where i'd guess there's a lot of expertise, MRI could show if there was any constrictions on the brain.

I'd say if the kitty isn't worried, you shouldn't be either.

interesting information on the 4yr maturation of a BSH cat, skyhook. we live and learn i guess...

THANK YOU !!!!!
    Love the photos!!!
    I will not worry any more just enjoy the company.
    Cheers and happy life to you All.