Pawfessionals - VERY DISAPPOINTING

Closed Thread

Angry Pawfessionals - VERY DISAPPOINTING

TOTALLY UNRELIABLE.

I had over a month ago booked Kevin at Pawfessionals to come and walk our dog for three weeks over the Christmas period. We exchanged a number of emails where he detailed how long the walks would be and seemed very understanding and professional. He sent me his contact details and phone numbers and said they would definitely be in touch.

They were supposed to start today and I haven't heard from them at all. This is despite numerous emails, phone calls, voicemails and messages from my end over the past few days. His phone number just goes directly to voicemail.

I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in their service as this has left me stranded (I'm now 9 months pregnant and cannot walk our dog to the same level that she deserves to be walked). If something has happened and they are no longer able to walk our dog he should have called to inform me so I could make other plans. This is NO WAY to run a business.

Hi Thouarella

Thanks for the warning. always good to know which ones can be trusted.

I have no comments on Kevin, who I'm sure has his own side of the story, but I am confused about the whole thing.

I guess I'm old-fashioned but when did walking a dog become a profession? Can you not just give one of the kids in the neighbourhood 10 bucks and a Sherbert Fountain, eh?

The modern world is worrying.

walking a dog properly is not necessarily as easy as it sounds. dog walking IS a profession. that's how my husband's business got started. he started walking dogs and then moved on to boarding them in our home. the dogs still get walked and in peak seasons, he can easily spend 8 hours per day just walking the dogs! we are not talking a slow stroll around the garden, but proper walks at a proper exercise speed to ensure the dogs get enough PROPER exercise. a well-exercised dog is a happy dog (unless of course there are health factors that inhibit long walks).

a child/teenager does not necessarily have the commitment and skills necessary to handle unknown dogs.

Thouarella,
    where are you located? we are fully booked for christmas, but we do have dogs that come to stay for a week or so when the owner is about to give birth. (we currently have 2 dogs with us from a household in exactly that situation).let me know if you are interested or may need help.

good luck and i hope you can find a solution to your dilemma.
    merry christmas!

A quick bit of research here would have made me quite suspicious of these people, and they're clearly not very bright. In one post they advertise themselves, and in another they speak of them as if they were satisfied customers.

I wonder if they are related to the infamous apple&dog who did something very similar to another Geoperson.

Last edited by PDLM; 22-12-2009 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks for all your replies.

Carang - we're based in Chung Hom Kok. If you can help do let me know, but for now I think we'll go with me walking her as much as I can and my husband will also be able to take some time off over the next few weeks. So I think we'll manage. It's not great for our dog but she'll survive!

Dipper - our dog isn't dog friendly and I would never trust a child/kid to walk her.

PDLM - yes I should have run that check, my fault for not doing so. Apple&dog has also contacted me following my post, so thanks for the warning.