Like Tree42Likes

Removing Bees!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

That's so cool! I'm glad you didn't call the EPD, but I would have let them hang out for a while. They weren't hurting you--they just needed to huddle and talk for a few! That and the nests on Victoria Road in the other thread...it looks like nature is conspiring against us...something big is coming...

next time smoke them out !

Quote Originally Posted by kokoyashi:
    next time smoke them out !
    Not that easy when they are hanging out over the water .... but we were trying to figure out how to do it without setting light to the boat!

woow bee hive so cool! could have made your own honey!

Last edited by cow1201; 17-03-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Personally I would have gone in there John Woo-style, with a can of bug spray in each hand, perhaps diving off the boat in slow-motion, a bellow of murderous exertion coming from my lips, poison spraying everywhere, bees dropping like... bees.

What a wasted opportunity!

...zzub...zzub...zzub... a bee flying backwards...so sorry...back to work, promise...

More bee problems

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    you could also call the environmental protection dept. they came to our place to remove a hive...
    We have the beginnings of a hive being created on a plant on our balcony. At the moment it is about the size of a grapefruit.

Would this warrant a call to the environmental protection department or do you think we should just try and remove it ourselves. A bit nervous about the latter option but it seems a bit small to be calling someone in to do it.

Do you have screens on your windows?

Screens? No. It's a village house. Just french windows. Why?

i would be calling them ASAP because they may take up to a week to arrive...i'm allergic, so i wouldn't care how small it is!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast