Moving Pet to HK from Canada

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

cat from china

i wanted to bring my cat from china but it doesnt have a birth certificate and hasnt had any shots (no vets in the town i was living in)
    so what are my chances of bringing him to HK? i read the HK gov website already but i'm pretty sure my chances are NIL.

yeah pretty much....think about it.. without having any shots, it'smuch more likely that your cat will import disease with her as well...there's not any chance that they will let that happen!

Beafan - lack of birth certificate is not a big deal (you can guess on the age...as long as your cat is more than 5 months old it's OK), but your cat MUST have the required shots (rabies, Feline Panleucopaenia (Infectious Enteritis) and Feline Respiratory Disease Complex (Cat Flu)).

Even if your local town doesn't have a vet you should be able to transport your cat to another town that does and then bring him/her into HK after that. I realize it's not easy, but if you really want your cat with you, it's possible.

NOTE/ Mainland China is considered a Group III country so there's a 4-month quarantine period in HK.