Ap Lei Chau with dog

Ap Lei Chau with dog

Moving to Hong Kong soon and we will be living to Ap Lei Chau near Aberdeen. Wondering if all the flats there allow dogs as we have labrador retriever.
    Also is there anywhere good that we can exercise our dog in that area? Finally, any recommendations for a vet nearby will be much appreciated.
    Thanks for all your advice, can't wait till we arrive.

I know some of the private housing do allow dogs, but not sure which ones. But not the South Horizons. I have friends living there and that I do know for sure. Make sure your landlord will allow you to keep dogs as well.

As for the vet, DO NOT go to the one in Aberdeen. Been there once and wanted my Corgi's teeth cleaned. When we got home, we noticed that her big teeth were not cleaned at all!! They only cleaned the front where they were more likely to be seen. I had never gone back there since. To me, if they can't even do a teeth cleaning job well, how good they are for more serious cases??? This is just personal experience and my own opinion.

There are plenty of vets in Causeway Bay and Wanchai which are much better.

Hope that helps.

There is some hilly countryside at Ap Lei Chau for walking your dog, and if you don't mind a short taxi ride, Aberdeen country park is about 5 mins away with great walks.

I don't have recommendations for vets in Aberdeen but there are good ones in Stanley and as dumbo says in CB and Wanchai too. And there is Dr David Gething who does house visits and is very popular.

Ap Lei Chau does have the best pet supplies store in HK, at Horizon Plaza, and you can take your dog there to have a play on their patio - they also do grooming including teeth cleaning.

there is a good vet in happy valley, Eric li clinic.
    I personally love it,everyone was friendly and my dogs were taken good care of , but I read from another topic someone didnt like it.

Quote Originally Posted by kokoyashi:
    there is a good vet in happy valley, Eric li clinic.
    I personally love it,everyone was friendly and my dogs were taken good care of , but I read from another topic someone didnt like it.
    do you mean dr eric?

yes, DR eric li clinic

yeah, dont like the clinic. never met him and have no comments on him.
    you never see the same vet twice which makes it very difficult whenever there is anything complicated or requires regular visits.