Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hello_there

Mobility carts or wheelchairs for dogs?

Closed Thread

Mobility carts or wheelchairs for dogs?

Anyone know where I can buy a mobility cart or wheelchair for my dog? We don't mind getting either or both.

My dog is getting old, and has developed arthritis in his hind legs, and has trouble walking. I know I can order them from the US or Canada from the net, but am a bit worried about getting the right size, and also it takes 4 to 6 weeks to order and deliver, so would rather buy one here sooner if I can.

He's a large dog - around 25kg, Alsatian cross. If anyone has one they don't need anymore, I'd be happy to buy it off you!

Thanks in advance for any tips, help, advice!

Most mobility devices for dogs need to be specially fitted by a vet to the dog's particular needs and size - or additional perminent injury and pain can result pretty easily. Many vets in HK can order the correct device for your dog and make sure it is fitted/ used properly. We've used Creature Comforts/ East Island Animal Hospital to have mobility devices ordered and fitted for a couple quite old foster dogs in the past. It took less than three weeks to get the devices.

http://www.eastislandvets.com.hk/code/about.html

Creature Comforts - Veterinary Housecall Practice

India Arie likes this.

Thanks for responding so promptly. Do you know if they make house calls? I live all the way out in DB, and it would be hard to bring my dog to their clinic, especially because of his arthritis.

Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by India Arie:
    Thanks for responding so promptly. Do you know if they make house calls? I live all the way out in DB, and it would be hard to bring my dog to their clinic, especially because of his arthritis.
    Honestly I'm not sure if he (Dr. David of Creature Comforts) does DB. He drives his own car that contains his clinic supplies, so not sure how that would work in DB with the no private care rule. There is a member on here called 'CARANG' who used to live in DB and runs a dog boarding business. She may be able to point you towards a good vet who works in or visits DB. You may also want to give Creature Comforts a call to see if they can come see you or if they can recommend another vet that can. Best of luck.

You can check out MegaPet. I have once seen products especially for elderly/disabled dogs but am not sure if they have wheelchairs.
    Megapet