Dual chinese/canadian getting home through Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Dual chinese/canadian getting home through Hong Kong

Hello,

My girlfriend just graduated university in Canada and went to China to visit her relatives as a graduation present. She was meant to come home last week.

She made the mistake of travelling on her Chinese passport and Canada will not give her a visa for the chinese passport to let her get on her return flight. Even though she is a canadian citizen.

I'm trying to find a place where she can fly in using her chinese passport and leave using her canadian passport. Or some place that will recognise the duality of her citizenship to let her return home.

Is this situation resolvable by having her travel through hong kong?

I appreciate any help you can provide,

Thanks,

Kastor

Emigra

Hello

The way for her to exit China now would be on an exit permit, which grants her permission from the China government to leave the country.

Hi,

If you are a Chinese National and once you become a Canadian Citizen, you lose your Chinese Citizenship. However, if you travel or return to China, you are automatically treat as a Chinese Citizen, regardless of your Canadian status. And you give up that right, when you didn't use your Canadian Passport to travel. However that said, if your girlfriend has her Canadian passport with her, she should bring that with her to the nearest Canadian Cosulate or Embassy and explain the situation. Or atleast enough ID to prove that she is a Canadian Citizen, and just tell them she lost her Canadian Passport somewhere. Thus she'll get a new one and can go to HK to return home.